Chasing Cars (12)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter twelve

girlfriend

Since Tom wasn't too busy, we spent a lot of time together, just like old times. We went to Brighton in his car and stayed there for a couple of days. "Oh gosh, you and that song!" I said covering my ears as Tom turned up the radio and sung along the song.

"I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too, Thursday I don't care about you, it's Friday I'm in love!" I laughed and shook my head because he was yelling instead singing, "Monday you can fall apart, Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart, Thursday doesn't even start, it's Friday I'm in love!" In fact it was Friday.

"Tom, stop!" I giggled.

"Come on, you're good at singing and you know the song!"

"I don't care if Monday's black, Tuesday, Wednesday heart attack, Thursday never looking back, it's Friday I'm in love." I sang, and he nodded at me in approval. He was obsessed with that song.

"Saturday wait, and Sunday always comes too late, but Friday never hesitates..." He chuckled when he realised I had taken his video camera and I was recording him, "Stop that little person."

"Why? This is funny, and it shall be remembered forever, God, look at your hair." I chuckled. His curls were a mess, "I told you to close the window."

"Hey, I was thinking, my agent can talk with some people of Capitol Records, you can start singing." I snorted. Yes, I was good at singing, but not that good.

"What? No, I don't want people to hear me howling, the only audience I want is my shampoo bottle and my hairbrush."

"You should consider it at least, the odds are in your favour, you can sing and I'm not saying this only because I'm your friend, um, you are a beautiful woman, you'd have all the guys at your feet for sure." I smiled.

"Well, thanks, but I like my job and I don't like the idea of being famous." He smiled and looked at me, "It scares me."

"It's weird. Anyway, fancy some fish and chips?" I know a good place." I said yes. It was near his flat and after getting the chips we headed to his flat. I never imagined what was about to happen, I never imagined that I was about to meet the girl that I was going to hate forever. His girlfriend.

"Let go!" I said to Tom. He was trying to lift me up and carry me with my stomach on his shoulder. He was too tall, and obviously, stronger than me.

"Never!" He did an evil laugh as he walked towards the main door and I struggled to find his soft spot. His neck. He was ticklish, really ticklish, "No, stop it!" He cried and put me on my feet and opened the door, "Okay, just let's get inside, we can have a sleep over and-"

"Hi baby!" A blonde and tall girl was there, "Did you have fun?" She asked at Tom, who was like paralysed.

"Um, uh...hey, um Nic this is Megan, she's my girlfriend." I felt my heart sinking, and that's when I knew it, I knew that I felt something for him already, but it wasn't until that moment when I realised how big my liking for him had turned. I had fallen in love, and I accepted it.

"Meg, this is Nicole, she's my best friend." The girl...sorry, Meg, smiled.

"Hi, it's a pleasure to finally meet you!" I gave her a smile, she was American, tanned skin, long legs, and her eyes were bright blue, she was beautiful, I'm not gonna deny it, "Tom talks about you all the time."

"Oh, really?" I didn't care that too much in that moment, all I wanted was to walk away and weep a bit.

"Yes, he does. Anyway, I was leaving, I have to go with my sister to the mall, and I'm gonna stay at her place tonight." She got closer to kiss Tom, she ran her hand to his arse, she was touching his arse! Oh God, her lips were touching Tom's and then she...OH MY GOD! It was so disgusting and heart breaking at he same time, "Okay, see you baby. I love you. Bye Oaks, nice to meet you." I only nodded and smiled at her but inside I was like:

Who the hell do you think you are?! Five minutes have passed and you're already calling me Oaks! Only Tom can call me like that, he's the only one who can do it! Yes, yes, I know, I'm jealous, I'm so fucking jealous right now!

Awkward.

Seeing my best friend kissing other girls hurt, but pretend that I didn't care...killed me. I was angry, and I didn't know if I was angry with him or with myself for falling so stupidly in love with him, yes, I said it. I was in love with him. I was so fucking in love with Tom Hiddleston.

As the door was still open I got in without saying a word and sat in the couch. I heard Tom closing the door behind him and throwing the keys on a small table in the hallway. Tom walked into the living room biting his lower lip and scratching the back of his neck, thing that he always has done when he's nervous, "I was going to tell you."

"Why didn't you?"

"You didn't tell me about Miles, so I thought you wouldn't be angry." I raised an eyebrow, "Actually, I was going to tell you in the car but, I got carried away with our chattering and totally forgot that she was here. I met her in a pub."

"What? You met her in a pub?"

"Yeah? She's nice." Tom sat next to me, "We've been together for three months now." I dropped my jaw. This was some sort of revenge? I closed my eyes and recalled that I had to keep it cool, "Don't be angry, Oaks." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and hugged me. But his hugs were more than hugs now.

"I'm not angry."

"Yes, you are."

"I'm not. I mean, why would I?" Because you're jealous Nicole.

"I don't know, but you're noticeably angry." I stared at him.

"I'm not angry, what makes you think that?"

"Your lips." I cocked my head to see him, "Your lips are slightly pursed, you do it every time you're angry, lately. Why are you angry, tell me."

Oh, dear Tom. I'm angry because I saw you kissing that girl right under my nose and because I'm weak and fell in love with you.

"I'm on my period." He darted a glance across the room and then looked at me again.

"I'm not pretending that have the slightest clue about how that works, it confuses me to be honest, so I'm just gonna ask, do you need something?"

"No." I wasn't even on my period.

"You sure, darling? A pill, a blanket, food?" I shook my head, "You don't look good." He touched my forehead, teasing me, "Oh my God, we have take you to the hospital!"

"Tom..."

"I'll call emergencies!" A smile crept on my lips. He was making a whole drama, he pushed me over the couch and went to the coat stand he left his phone in the coat pocket, "Nic stay with me, stay with me!" I heard him and he came back running and 'dialing' 999.

"Stop crying!" The tears were rolling down his cheeks, "Seriously? Stop showing off your acting skills." I chuckled.

"You're going to be okay, you're going- God! Hello? Yes, my, my friend is on her period, what do I have to do? I don't know what to do! She's in pain!" I snorted, "Please I need an ambulance right now, she's dying, please, hurry up!" Tom threw his phone onto the couch and squeezed my hand, "Nic, you're gonna be fine, I promise, the help is coming-"

"You didn't give the address to the people of emergencies." He stared at me with his eyes filled with tears and panting for a second and then he smiled and broke character.

"But I made you smile and you're not angry anymore."