Chasing Cars (28)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter twenty eight

shakespeare

I squealed when I saw Clay waiting for me in the terminal. I had just arrived from New York and yes, all I needed and all I wanted was sleep in my bed, "I missed you!" I said as I hugged him.

"I missed you too. How was your flight?" He grabbed my luggage.

"Why people always ask about that? Flights are always boring and stressing." I kissed him, "Remember me to call your parents, I have to say hello."

"I will. Hey, I saw you in the newspaper." I frowned, "I saw the pictures of the exhibition you restored, did you know that Avengers was being filmed in New York?"

"Oh, yes. I know that. The streets were closed."

"Didn't you see any famous people?"

"No, not really." I just spent two days with them. But it was something I wasn't going to tell him, "I was stuck in the museum the whole time."

"Oh, well. Where do you wanna go, your place or my place?"

"My place. I need to do something and I want my bed." He smiled. We went for dinner and then he dropped me off. I threw my stuff next to the couch and walked into my bedroom, I began to unbutton my blouse and throw it to the floor, my eyes met the floppy stuffed bunny with huge ears on the top of the pillows, "Aww, Clay!" I grabbed it and read the note next to it.

Welcome home! Stop leaving the spare key on top of the door frame. Love, Tom.

I gasped and immediately covered myself with the stuffed bunny and looked around in search of any sign of him. I thought it was from Clay. I began to feel paranoid and put on a tee before grabbing my phone and call Tom.

"Hi, Oaks." Thank God he wasn't in my flat.

"Should I say thanks or should I call the police?" I heard him chuckling, "Awww, Tom this is so sweet of you!"

"Did you like it?"

"Yes, I loved it. It is so huggable!" I hugged the bunny, "It's so cute." I said staring at it.

"What about the other present, did you like it?"

"What other present?"

"It was under the bunny, it's a small box." I walked into the bedroom again and I saw the pink small box.

"Oh, sorry I didn't see it before, I just arrived home and I was changing my clothes when I saw the bunny, I read the note and freaked out, I thought you were here!"

"I broke into your flat, two days ago. I had an interview and I remembered you said that you'd be at home on Saturday." I narrowed my eyes. Clay was at my place just yesterday, and he's not that blind to ignore a stuffed animal in the bed, "I'll be back in London this, Mon-ednesday."

"Oh, Mon-ednesday?" He chuckled.

"Sorry, sorry, just do me a favour. Don't open the box until you hang up, okay?"

"Why?" I examined the box, "What's inside?"

"Just don't open it or someone's gonna die."

"Ha-ha, sure. So, you'll be free this Wednesday?"

"I'm free. What are we going to do? Do you have to work?"

"Sadly, yes. But I'll be working from nine to two in the afternoon, I'm free the rest of the day. Who's that in the background?" I heard someone making some sort of sound.