Chasing Cars (8)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter eight

realisation

"So this was the last episode?" I asked. In the last few months, Tom was in a TV show, Suburban Shoutout, to be more precise. And guess what? People was starting to notice him. I loved to tease him about fans and all that sort of thing.
"Yep, the last one. I've got an offer for another film, but the shooting won't start in two months."

"Good, good." I sipped my coffee. We were looking at the Thames from the Westminster bridge, "I have to check some stuff from the museum, it's a lot of stuff, actually, and Miles-" I stopped, "Forget it." He stared at me.

"You have to tell me now." Tom smirked.

"We, we had a fight yesterday. God, it was so embarrassing, he began to yell like stupid in the middle of the street. I just kept walking." I shrugged and he frowned.

"He was yelling? Yelling at you?" I nodded as I pulled my hair out of the way, the wind was making me look like a lion, so I rummaged into my bag and pulled out a hair band to make a pony tail with it, "No. No, Nicole, you mustn't let him do that, he's got no right to yell at you."

"Leave it. I don't care, he was-"

"Nicole I'm fucking serious right now, do not let him do that to you." He stared at me and his hand was grabbing my arm, "Who does he think he is? He's got no bloody right to yell at you or any other girl. The next time he does that, I swear I'm gonna kill that bastard." I couldn't help but chuckle, "What? This isn't funny Nicole."

"Okay, you're gonna kill him. But, calm down for now, okay? Just forget what I said." I nudged him, "Hey, change that face." Gosh, he was really angry. He hated that.

Sarah told me once that her boyfriend got angry with her when they were at her home and Tom lost his temper when this guy began shouting at her, "Hey, come on Hiddles, don't be silly." I touched his nose with my fingertips.

"Nic, no, stop it." He croaked.

"Aw, Tom, smile." He looked at me, "See? I shouldn't have said anything. Come on, let's get you something, you need something sweet to get back that smile."

"You know that I don't like these kinds of things, darling." I snorted, "Guys must never yell to a girl, what the heck do they think they are? Some kind of-"

"My God, Tom just forget it. Let's go." He took a deep breath, "Do you need a hug?" I giggled opening my arms, and he licked his lips still looking straight at the river, "Come on, they're free!" He turned to face me and he held back a smile, I gasped dramatically, "You're rejecting one of my hugs?! Okay, I'm done." I began to walk.

"No!" I heard him chuckling, "I was joking!" He trapped me with his arms, "Sorry. But I was serious about killing that guy." I smiled.

"Okay, I'll visit you at prison." He smiled.

"We should go now, it's about to rain." He said.

"Yeah, we should, or your fans are going to notice and they'll rip your clothes off."

"Shut up." He chuckled, "Oh God, I totally forgot!" He reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny box, "I brought you this, for your bracelet, I thought I had lost it forever, since the box is so small." He opened it. It was a charm, "I bought it in a small shop in Italy, and I found it today tangled in a t-shirt, do you like it?" It was a small owl.

"Gosh, yes I love it, thank you!" I hugged him.

I've had male friends who didn't give a damn about guys yelling at girls. Miles had been like that since he met Tom, two months ago, I had already explained that Tom and I are friends since we were eight, but Miles doesn't seem to understand that, he believes that there's something else going on. I mean, yeah, Tom is nice and, well he's good looking, I'm not gonna lie about that...he's a good friend, he knows everything about me and I know everything about him. Yes, we kissed but, gosh it was fake, he was acting!

Now that I think about this, I don't even know why I said yes when Miles asked me out. Miles only said that I had beautiful blue eyes, yeah, probably he says that to every girl that sits in the dentist chair. Six months of relationship with an arse and Tom had to come back and meet him to make me realise how stupid my decision was. Yeah, my best friend had left to Italy for months and girls at work weren't quite friendly so I began to hook up with this prick.

What a decision, right?