Chasing Cars (25)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter twenty five

so kiss me

"Oaks, are you ready?" I heard Tom asking and gently knocking on the bathroom door. We were at the hotel and I was getting ready to go out with Tom and the cast, "Nic, you look great in everything you wear."

"You're just being nice!" I shouted, "I don't have clothes to go out!"

"Of course you've got tons of clothes! Do you want me to bring the other clothes you left on the bed?" I opened the door and I stepped out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

"Tom, I don't have clothes! I can't go wearing this!" I threw a blouse to his chest and he caught it in the air.

"Darling, it's just a dinner with friends." I narrowed my eyes and got closer to him.to

"It's easy for you to say, you are used to be surrounded by famous and talented actors and actresses, I'm used to be surrounded by idiots at work, so this is way difficult for or me. You know what? I shouldn't even go." I sat on the bed.

"What? No, why?!"

"I don't fit." He sat next to me.

"What? All this is for your clothes?"

"No, I mean, Tom, they're famous." He chuckled and I nudged him, "It's not funny."

"They're good people, now about your clothes, just wear something nice." He touched my nose with his finger, "Now hurry up, we have to meet everyone at seven." He put the blouse I threw him on my head and he walked out of the room.

Just wear something nice. Like it's the easiest thing. Does he even know how difficult is for a woman to get dressed only to go to work? I'm having dinner with the people I've only seen in movies! They're always looking flawless.

"He's right."I stood up and grabbed a pair of black bottoms and a red blouse, "You're just going out with Tom's friends." I encouraged myself. I checked the time and it took me twenty minutes to be ready, it must have been a record. I grabbed my jacket and my bag before walking out of the bedroom, "I'm ready, let's...go?" Tom was in the couch, asleep. He told me he had to be up around four in the morning and spend like two hours of hair and makeup every day. I thought twice to wake him, we could order something from the hotel menu, nah, I was dressed already, "Tom?" I shook his arm, "Thomas?"

"Mmm?" I snorted.

"You sure you want to go?" He sat up.

"Yeah, sorry. I just closed my eyes for a second, I promise." I smiled, "See what I said before? You look beautiful."

"You're half asleep."

"Even half asleep, I can tell how beautiful you look." I smiled.

"You could see a llama wearing this and you'd say it looks beautiful." He stood up and chuckled.

"Okay, we should go now." I followed him and pinched his side, making him jump, "Aah!" He whimpered, "Why did you do that?!"

"You have to be awake to drive." I wiggled my eyebrows and began to walk to the lift to get in the car, "And where are you going after New York?" I asked as he pushed the button to the lobby in the lift.

"Back to California, I guess. The film is almost done, we just have secondary shoots to do, but..." He made a pause.

"But?"

"I've got a couple of weeks off, and I'm planning to go home, visit my family, and maybe we could go out, like old times." I smiled, "And we could get lost for a few days."