Chasing Cars (21)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter twenty one

bed head

I woke up the next morning, lying on my side, and with that awful feeling of crying and the lump in my throat. It happens to me since mum died, but it's less often now.

Urrgh, it can't be morning already, I fell asleep two minutes ago!

I had to get up, but I felt myself drifting away again. I took a deep breath, enjoying my last moments in bed, slowly, I became aware of everything.

Tom's bedroom, Tom's bedroom? Oh yeah, I was here last night. If he only had stopped scaring me last night I wouldn't be this tired. Wow, this bed is so soft, and the covers...wait, the covers?

It wasn't a cover at all, it was Tom's arm. I was definitely awake then. I could feel his breathing on my neck. I had to wake him up. My first attempt was stretching casually, and see what happened. Nothing. I proceed to clear my throat in a sleepy fashion and I let out a small groan. There it was! He moved.

Yes! Get off me now...what? No, no, no, no!

He was hugging me and he was mumbling something that I couldn't understand. His phone began to ring, somewhere in the flat. He groaned in my ear. Oh God, I remembered the photoshoot and glanced at the alarm clock and I relaxed when I noticed it was only eight in the morning.

"What am I doing..." I heard him saying in a hushed tone and he took his hands off me while I pretended to be asleep. He got up and looked for his phone, "Hello?" He sounded so funny when he was sleepy, "Oh, Luke, hi, good morning."

Oh, Luke. Tom said something about his publicist, maybe that was the Luke on the phone.

"What? Oh, God. Really?" He said, "No, no, she's my best friend. We had dinner together and they followed us." Yeah, that people with the cameras and the lack of knowledge about personal space. Tom left to some other part of the flat as I couldn't hear him anymore. A few minutes later he came to the bedroom again and crawled into bed. I stretched and rolled on my side.

"Hey."

"Hey." I answered, "Bed head." He touched his hair and smiled.

"You okay?" I nodded, "You were crying last night."

"Oh, don't worry, I'm okay." I sat up, "I'll prepare breakfast, you should get ready for the photoshoot." I got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom leaving the door slightly open to hear Tom.

"I've got time." He said and I splashed water on my face, "Nic, can you hear me?"

"Yep." I said out loud.

"About last night, the paparazzi thing..." His voice was closer now. I grabbed a towel and dried my face as I opened the door, "I'm sorry."

"Why? Nobody was killed in the process, right?" He smiled. I made my way to the kitchen and began to prepare the breakfast and I was really impressed by the organisation of Tom's kitchen. I pushed him to get into the bathroom and thake a bath, he had to be ready as someone was going to take him to the photoshoot thingy. Tom left to America the next day, the director of the film called him, saying that he had to go back to shoot some scenes as soon as possible.

It was nice to spend time with him, except for the photos of us escaping from the paparazzi and the news in several websites and social media talking about the mysterious girl, and that sort of thing. I looked good in the photos at least, I never thought that skirt suited me so good. I was trying to find the funny part of it, but Tom was a little angry about it, he said he wanted to keep his personal life away from the public eye and that he didn't want those people following me everywhere. Why would they? Probably that'd be the last time they were going to see us together, Tom had a bunch of work in America and I had to go to Scotland, everything was going to be fine.