Chapter 34. Happily ever after

Nate's P.O.V.
Everything is fixed up. There's a small pool where the ditch used to be. The picnic table is fixed and the wedding ring is in my pocket. Yes I'm proposing to her. It might be a little early but I love her and I'm in love with her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

Lenox's P.O.V.
I'm ready for our date/ my birthday. We've been together for about 1 year and it's safe to say I'm in love with Nate. He makes me happy and I can definitely see us together for a long time.

Nate's P.O.V.
Here goes nothing. I call her to tell her I'm ready and waiting even though she's inside. She tells me she's ready so we hang up and I hear her walk down the stairs. She hadn't even stepped off the last step before I grabbed her and kissed her telling her she looked stunning afterwards. We leave for the boat as I put a blindfold on her. We arrive shortly after and I guide her to the picnic table and sit her down removing the blindfold. She smiles and looks around before tearing up.

"You did this?" I nod as she squeezes me and repeats thank you over and over.

"I did this because I love you Lenox. I'm in love with you and I'd love to spend the rest of my life with you. So." I reach into my jacket pocket as I bend down on one knee.

"Will you marry me?" She nods and pulls me of the ground smashing her lips into mine. After our kiss we enjoy our meal and she begins talking about wedding details as I smile, admiring her, grateful I'd get to spend the rest of my life with her, truly like a Happily Ever After.