Chapter 17: Thanks Nash

Lenox's P.O.V.

"Well..." Should I mention what happened?? Do they even know what happened with Hayes??

"Um...sorry forget we asked." Shawn  replied awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"No! I...uh..just...I didn't do anything interesting and didn't want to sound lame or boring that's all."

I might have responded a little too quickly.

"Oh ok well wanna head to the beach?"

"Um not this time guys sorry I have some things that need to get done but maybe some other time?"

Yea cause eating Mayfield cookie dough icecream and watching Christmas movies all day NEEDS to get done.

"Ok text ya later bye Lex." I waved bye and walked home. When I got home I was suprised to see Nash and Hayes waiting on my porch.

"Hey...?" They looked up from their phones and jolted up. I hugged Nash and just gave Hayes a weak smile.

"Hayes here just wanted to tell you something." Hayes stayed quiet looking down at his feet. Nash elbowed him and he looked up with bloodshot eyes. He started crying then and there.

"I'm so so so so sorry Lenox. I...I...I didn't realize what I had done till I saw the look of terror spread across your face at the mention of my name or even the thought of me. I'm young and dumb and I make mistakes but please know that I love you so so much and I'll understand if you don't forgive me right away." He could have rambled on til his mouth ran dry but I stopped him instead and gave him a big hug.

"I...I forgive you Hayes."

"Thank you so much Lex!" He gave me a giant bear hug and later Nash joined in and we all went inside.

Thanks Nash. :)