Chapter 21 [Mickey] Losing Control *

On nights like these, I can't stand sitting in the house all by myself. It's just not how any teenage girl should be living her life! So I decide that I'm going to use my fake ID to get into a nightclub, where I can possibly just dance all of my problems away and drink until I wake up at some guys house tomorrow morning. I hate being alone. Once I walk downstairs is when I realize I honestly don't want to be alone, but who can I call? Tessa can't party with me because she's pregnant. I mean I know she'd drink but I don't want her to put her baby at risk for anything, so I obviously should rule her out. I can ask Juliana if she wants to come down to Bernie's house with me so he could make her a fake ID so she could be the one to come with me. But are we even that close anymore?

I considered her my best friend a while ago, but lately I feel like I wish I never even met her. I don't like the fact that her and Blaze are together, and I don't think I will ever be able to get over it or forgive her for screwing this kid I care about more than I do about myself, or anyone else. I just can't be close to her anymore, and that means I basically have nobody at this point. I end up calling a Taxi and leaving the house, not bothering to bring a key because I know my mom must be somewhere inside, probably her room or the basement.

It's not too long before I walk into the night club by myself, music blasting into my eardrums, and I'm glancing around at everyone who is either grinding on each other to the hip hop music, or talking in a large group. I'm the only one here who looks young and I can't find anyone that looks around my age, which puts me into a worse mood, because I was really looking forward to finding someone to hook up with.

Finally I reach the bar, and once I sit on the stool is when I'm ready to get as drunk as I possibly can.

“Excuse me,” I say, talking loudly so my voice can be heard over the music.

The bartender is a tall guy, and damn he is hot. He has his labret pierced and brown hair with a lineup for the hair style. “Hey,” he smiles, as I lean my arms on the counter.

“Hi,” I laugh.

He looks at me for a good ten seconds and then his eyes widen. “How are you doing tonight?” he asks, grinning at me in a flirtatious way.

I twirl my hair around my finger and lick my lips. “Wonderful,” I tell him. “How about you?”

“I'm great,” he says, stepping closer to the bar counter top. “Can't wait to get off this shift.”

“I bet. What a drag,” I dramatically sigh, fantasizing over how sexy he is.

“Tell me about it. Can I see your ID?”

My face instantly drops, and I honestly get nervous. “My ID?” I frown, leaning back a little.

“Yeah,” his voice trails off.

“But I already showed it to get in here.”

“I realize that, but you look pretty young.”

“I just turned twenty one,” I argue with him. “Everyone does this to me, and it's starting to get annoying.”

“I'm sorry--”

“Screw you,” I say, pulling out my fake ID from my bra and slamming it in front of me.

He picks it up, looks it over, and then hands it back to me as I practically rip it from his fingers. “Okay. Thank you.”

“Whatever,” I retort.