Chapter 59 [Blaze] My First Deal *

I say goodbye to Juliana once visiting time is over, and I kiss her for a long ass time before pulling away from her. Love sucks. Everything she said, it sounded like she really meant every word. I'm so happy to have the old Julie back, the one who is sweet and nice, and beautiful without all the black makeup. I just can't wait until she gets out of this shithole so I can be with her as much as I can, so things will go back to the way they used to be.

But then again, there's a part of me knowing that she could easily relapse. She is addicted to pills, and we're always around drugs. Smoking weed isn't even bad, so that should be ok. But pills. . . I'm actually scared for the first time in my life, just thinking about the posibility of losing the girl I love and care about about.

If I ever lost her, man, I don't know what the fuck I'd be doing. Living wouldn't even matter anymore; so I'd maybe become a complete junkie not giving a damn about any of the concerned thoughts that are running through my head right now.

As I'm leaving the hospital, I pull out my cell and hit up Spencer to see where he is, and if he can come and get me. I dial his number and hold the phone against my ear, deeply exhaling as it finally comes onto a recording.

"I'm sorry, the phone number you are trying to reach has been disconnected at this time. Please call back when the number is back in service. Thank you," The messege says as I shut my eyes.

Stunned. I forgot that my best friend is not here anymore, and that he's definitely in Juvee. Then I look at that date on my screen and realize something else. It's his birthday. Which means he'll be transferred to jail, where we can go see him and shit. That's the thought that keeps me sane.

I call Mickey and she eventually answers, telling me she just got out of the shower and that she's anzy and wants to get out of her house. So, I tell her I'm at the hospital and she gets mad at first since I didn't tell her or anyone about it. The truth is, I just wanted to visit Julie by myself for the first time. She ends up coming through, and I get in the car noticing the lit cigarette between her fingers.

"Guess what?"

I roll down my window and let my arm hang outside, the freezing cold air making its way into the car, as I heavily breathe it in. "What?" I ask her.

"You're a jerk with a capital J for not letting me know you were going to visit Jules," she snaps, frowning at me before taking a long drag of her cig. "You know that? I met her first. You could have atleast told me you just wanted to see her alone instead of not telling me at all."

I nod in agreement. "Ya, you're right. My bad."

"And you're lucky I didn't come because I could have accidentally told her about that little stunt you pulled this morning before school."

I glance back at her and narrow my eyes, offended. "It was a joke," I state, her rolling her eyes and stepping on the gas. "Learn to take a fking joke, Mickey."

"Didn't seem like it was a joke," she mutters to me as I shake my head, completely aggravated. "But I'd never do that to you, so, it's whatever. I know you were only being an ass because you were high."

"Yup."

"Yeah."

I look over to catch her widely smiling. "What are you in such a good mood about?" I ask as she shrugs, pulling onto the main road as a car cuts her off.

"IDIOT," She yells out the window, glaring out the windsheild as I let out a small laugh. And she glances over at me for a few seconds before raising her eyebrows, and taking another drag. "What are you laughing at?"