Chapter 64 [Jace] Maybe We Can Run *

"Michelle," I eventually let out, after a long time of just staring down at her peaceful face. Last night couldn't have been more perfect. I got to hold her against me the whole night. I've never been in love before. So I guess I can be straight up when I say this is all new to me.

I brush the hair away from her face before she moves onto her side, clinging closer to me wrapping her arm around my chest. "Mmmm..."

"Michelle, I really have to go," I tell her, and finally her eyes slowly flutter open.

"Oh," she rushes out, yawning as I grin. 

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are in the morning?"

"How sweet," she smiles, cupping her hand against my face. "And have I ever told you how amazing you are in bed?"

"I try to say something romantic and you have to throw in some sexuality."

"You love it," she whispers, softly kissing me. "Now how about some morning sex?"

"Fuck..........." I groan under my breath, rolling over, pressing myself on top of her. "Don't tempt me when you know I got to get going."

"But why?" She wines, crashing her lips onto mine as I get lost in the moment, feeling her arms and then about to feel more until I pull back. "Jace..."

"I have to get back to Brock, or he'll know something's up. I have to make up an excuse to why I don't have any blow on me too. I got to go, Michelle," I say in a mumble.

"You're coming back right?"

"Yeah of course I am."

"I don't want you to leave," she tells me, biting her lip as I deeply exhale, resting my head on her bare chest, not wanting to leave either.

"I don't want to leave either, but I don't exactly have much of a choice. I shouldn't have even been here to begin with, remember? I have to think of how I'm going to get the gang off my back..."

"We can run away together," she suddenly lets out, as I narrow my eyes in disbelief. "We can just run to whereever we want, and do what we want. And be together."

"You'd do that?" I ask, almost in shock.

"Yes for you I'd do anything just so you can get away from this... this life."

"You want to run with me?" I seriously ask her, as real as possible as she nods. "And leave your friends behind?"

"They don't need me, Jace. Blaze has Jules. Spencer is locked up. And aren't you driving me to see Tessa today?"

"Yeah when I leave the apartment and come back here to pick you up."

"Pack a bag Jace, pack a bag and I will too. Let's do it. Let's run away together. And let's not look back," Mickey says to me as I frown, almost emotionally. "What's wrong?"

"Let's talk about it more when I come back," I say, her nodding again as I press my lips on hers for a while. And then I get up and put on my clothes, and she walks me to the door. "Thanks."

"For what?" She questions, leaning her back against the doorway as she grins.

"For being here for me," I state, taking her face between my hands as I plant several kisses on her lips again. Not wanting to stop.

"I'll see you when you get back here. Just figure out what the hell you're going to tell them," she assures me as I laugh.

"I'll be fine. He won't know anything," I let out, before kissing her one more time and walking down the front steps. And then I turn around and stare up at her, seeing her perfect smile, and beautiful eyes staring back into mine. "I love you," I loudly call out, her raising her hand and putting it over her heart.

"I love you too Jace," is all she needs to say to give me hope. 

I figure I'll just use the excuse that I broke down on the highway or something, and that I had no choice but to chill out and wait at a motel. He'll have to buy it. If there's one thing I know for sure about myself, is that when I'm put on the spot, I'm a great liar. I park my car outside on the curb, and hop out as fast as I can, releasing a deep breath of anxiety. The elevator seems to take fucking forever, as I deeply exhale and pull my hair up with a rubber band.

I walk down the hall, and it seems mad quiet for a change. Maybe it's a good change. All I can think about is the fact that I finally found myself a girl, a girl to love, and a girl who would leave everything shes loves behind just to run away with me. That's why I'm going to pack my shit when I get to my room, and I'm going to get out of here. This is when I finally realize the gang life just isn't for me. Not anymore.

I open the door and rub my temples with my fingers, feeling an unexpected migrane coming, which  I should have known was bound to happen. I can't take not being with Mickey.

And I turn my head and tightly close the door, not bothering to lock it behind me, as when I turn my neck to look in front of me is when I see something that makes me immediately lose my breath.

Brock, standing right before me, with a glare overtaking his face. 

"Uh, Brock. Hey man."

"Where the f*ck have you been? Lie to me one more time, and that HOE of yours gets a goddamn visit from me at her broken down effed up house. You got me? And you thought I wouldn't follow you... How dumb do you think I am?"

"I don't know what you're ta----"

"LIE TO ME ONE MORE TIME JAY, I SWEAR TO GOD YOU'LL BE SORRY."

"It's no big deal dude, back off!"

"No, Jay. She knows about the crew, I know she does. And that means you went against us, your BOYS," he rushes out in a growl, moving closer and pushing me hard so my back slams against the door. "Now, there's only one thing I can do."

"What are you going to do, Brock. . . . ."

"Make her pay."