Newt | Surprises

[IMAGINE FOR nanithebookgirl, its_hannah_1315, jasminelowsm, kepperoftheclifford, queen_lucy123, shaniabowden, royalprinxess, madisonhicks, phan_is_the_best, cookiesandkitten, kittenhipster, danosaur_jcat_5soser, zaslavskis_bae and lana_xcx]

Even though no one new their birthdays, including you, you wanted one. You asked Alby, Newt and even Minho, if they ever celebrated birthdays and they all replied no. It would be so much fun, to celebrate a day just for yourself, but no one ever saw the point, especially since no one new the exact dates of their birthdays.

The Glade is such a hard place. Your ideas and wants are constantly getting shut down because its not a part of "glade regulations" and they don't want to ruin their so called "system". You do understand that finding a way out of the maze is number 1 priority, but a little fun wont hurt.

"What's the sad face for?" Thomas asks, exiting the maze after his long run. You were sitting against the gigantic glade wall by Thomas and Minho's entrance to the maze. "Yeah why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be annoying someone?" Minho asks, leaning over his knees panting.

You knew Minho was joking around but that made you surprisingly angry.

'Annoying somebody'

This played over your mind until you clenched your jaw, and stood up faster then you ever had before. You start to trudge back towards the tree house, were you could find some peace and quiet, but before you know it both the boys run after you, Minho close behind. "Y/N, I was joking. I never would've wanted you to take it the wrong way. Please, I'm sorry." He says pulling you in for a tight hug. "It's okay, Minho. I know you were joking. I just need some time to myself." You mumble. "Oh, okay. As long as your okay, then I'm okay." He shortly smiles. "See you later." He whispers, taking off in the direction of the mapping room.

"Finally." You moan to yourself.

After what seemed like hours suddenly an itch attacks your shoulder. You raise you hand to treat the itch, but instead unexpectedly caress the skin of someones fingers. You quickly turn around to meet the eyes of Newt.

"Sorry did I scare you?" Newt asks, placing his hand back into his pocket. "No, it's okay." A smile sketches across your face. "Good, good", Newt says, kicking small pebbles across the ground. You stare across the land and see boys crowding around, in various different groups. You didn't think anything of it, just the usual after work ritual. "Anyway.." Newt says, breaking the silence. "I need to show you something. Come with me." He says taking you hand gently and leading you to whatever it is he wanted to show you.

The groups of boys you were staring at before, were now no where to be seen, just as if they all disappeared at once.

'Am I seeing things?' you ask yourself.

You raise your free hand to rub your eyes, temporarily blinding you for a second, and causing you to trip over your feet.

"Oh my.. Are you okay?" Newt asks, still latched on to your wrist. He practically caught you from falling all the way. "Thanks Newt.. Where would I be without you?" You tease, while he chuckles shyly. Why does he always act shy?

"Come on, we've got to go." He recovers himself, tacking your hand again gently now taking you inside the homestead. He leads you past rooms full of beds, until you finally pass yours, you get confused.  "What is it you need to-" You stop as you look at the large room crowed with all the Gladers. "Surprise!" They shout, cheering and applauding. You turn towards Newt, with the biggest starstruck expression on your face. "Happy Birthday Y/N" He chuckles, coming in close and kissing you on the cheek. The blood rushed to your head, and you had no idea if it was because of what Newt had just done to you, or because of the surprise party they are throwing. You turn back to the room full of boys. Minho, Thomas, Frypan and Winston, your best friends were all standing at the front of the crowd, they finally decide to rush towards you and give you a hug. "Happy birthday!" They all chime, one by one. "Aw guys." You start to tear up.

They were listening to me.

"Now since we don't have the proper equipment for a party, we had to improvise.." Frypan started. You look around and see all the windows covered by some grey material, possibly to make the place look dark, there were torches placed around in different directions, creating a real-party like vibe. "Wow, thanks boys, this must have taken a lot of time and effort. You are all so cute" You say pulling them all in for a hug. Newt was still there, leaning against the door. You didn't understand why he wasn't with you and all your friends like he normally would be. Instead it looked like he was watching over everyone. You suddenly lock eyes with him, so you mouth the words 'thank you', which he understood and replied with a smile and a nod.

Everyone enjoyed themselves. Some people were in large groups talking about anything and everything, others were eating something Frypan liked to call 'azzip' which consisted of a dough base covered in sauce and a topping which was baked, everyone loves azzip and others were jumping and dancing, to god knows what. But most importantly everyone was having fun. There were lots of laughs, which were mostly coming from you and your group.

You, Minho, Frypan, Thomas, Newt and Winston, all chilled in the corner on these type of bean bags you had in the glade. Thomas finally finished his azzip, and turned to Frypan who was in the beanbag net to him. "I love you man." He said, you could see him tearing up. "I Love you too, tommy." Frypan said grabbing Thomas' arm, and holding it tightly. Everybody laughed.

Whilst everyone talked to each other you sort of zoned out, Newt reached over his bean bag and brushed your arm. You turn and look at Newt in the darkness. One of the torches just missing his face, making him look cool and mysterious. You never really thought of Newt more then just a friend. But what he has done for you tonight, that was crazy. Newt's eyelashes fluttered a million times a second. His toned muscles flexing in different areas, without him knowing. All the two of you were doing was staring into each other. You both didn't want to talk, but just read each other body language. "Oh  I just cant take it anymore." Newt's thick British accent spat. He sat up from his position quickly, grabbing your arm harshly. He pulled you up and took you across the ocean of people, until you both reached the other corner of the room, blocked by many people doing whatever they were doing.

Once you both stopped, Newt crashed his lips onto yours. Both your lips moved in time with each others. Even though it was your first kiss you could feel how right it was to be connecting with Newt that way. It was just right. You quickly pull back, touching your lips with your fingertips. "I hope that was okay.." Newt stammered. A small smile prints across your face, and then his just like it was contagious. "It was perfect."

[Cant wait to start writing more! Comment, vote and just talk to me!]