Newt | Friends

[IMAGINE FOR: keikomina]

You where packing your backpack for the day, but while doing so you saw Minho, Thomas and Newt your three best friends in the distance. Thomas and Minho were slapping Newt on the back, cheering him on. You wanted to know what was going down so you grabbed your pack and swung it across your back. "Hey shuck heads, what's going on?" You smile, strutting over. "Nothing much. I just came to see you guys off." Newt explains. "Okay." You state, walking into the maze with Minho and Thomas. Once halfway down the long ally you turn back to wave at your friend Newt, and the start running.

You had been exploring the maze for about 5 hours, until you stopped for lunch. You met up with Minho, both sitting down on the cold stone and opening up your packs. "Anything new?" He asks, taking a bite of the sandwich Frypan made him. You gulped down some water. "Nothing as usual." You sigh. You both shared a moment of hopelessness, until Minho decides to break the tension.

"Are you excited for tonight?" He asks you. You look at him confused, "what's happening tonight?" "Oh, shit-" he gulps. "I thought you kn-" Minho quickly steps up on his feet. "Uh- I better go finish of my section, and so should you!" He yells walking backwards slowly into a run. "What the-" you mumble, obviously very confused.

You set up your back pack again and decide to head off, still trying to work out what had just gone on.

'Maybe there's a gathering tonight,

or a celebration of some sort.'

You thought whilst running.

You suddenly hit into something solid, lightly stumbling back. You quickly look up ready to act against the griever, until you realized it was Thomas. "YOU SHUCK FACE!" You yell, relieved it wasn't anything bad. "Calm down, Y/N ya shank." He rubs your arm, laughing it off. "Sorry, I just thought you were a griever. I got really scared." He nods, and looks at the sky. "We better get back hey?" He asks, and you agree.

You guys run back to the glade doors, slowly stoping your pace as you crossed onto grass. "Tonight should be fun.." Thomas speaks up. You look at him, he continues on, "Well for you, not me." He begins to laugh. "What the shuckity shuck, are all you guys talking about! What is happening tonight?" You asks angrily, stopping in your tracks. Minho then runs up to you guys and whispers something in Thomas' ear, then suddenly they both run off. You lift up your arms, in a 'what the heck is happening' motion, and decide to go change your sweat covered clothes.

Once you finished swapping your clothes, you jog into the hall of the homestead, and find flower petals scattered across the floor. "What the.. Look at this mess!" You exaggerate, until you finally notice it forming a trail. Quickly fixing your hair, you follow the line, very curious as to where it leads. You pass Minho and Thomas leaning up against a wall staring, but you don't look at them. You follow the petals until it suddenly stops in the middle of the garden.

You look left and see nothing but the glade walls only a few meters away, you look right and see candles lit around the garden. "Woah-" you state mesmerized.

"You like it?" Newt says coming out from behind a tree. "Holy klunk! Newt what's going on?" You ask him walking forward.

"Y/N, I have something to admit." He says looking straight into your eyes. He paused for about a minute, "Well get on with it." You persist.

"Right- um, Y/N I like you so much." He states. You smile, "aw, Newtie that's super cute thank you so much." "No. Y/N you don't understand, I- I love you."
You freeze.
"I love your sense of humor. I love that your so easy going. I love that you talk freely. I love your smile. And I love you and everything about you." He says seriously.

"Oh, Newt I-" you couldn't get the right words out, you were so overwhelmed with happiness. "It's okay, I get it. We're friends.. Right? Nothing more.." He says sadly, stepping back slowly. "Newt I-" You run after him catching his right shoulder, and twisting it over to you. He turns around quickly, causing him to fall with you latched on top of him.

You land firmly in Newts arms on the ground, "Newt, you are the bestest friend I could have ever wished for. And I can't believe that out of every guy in this Glade, you're the one to make me feel this special." You say whilst lying on top of him. "And I know that I am squashing you, and I am sorry for that, but.. I really.. Really need to do this." You pull his head up and kiss him.

Kissing obviously lasted for ages, and you never wanted to stop. Newt would gently touch your face, then your arms, and then ask if you were okay every once in a while. He pulls away, which gets you wanting him even more. "Y/N I am so glad I told you my feelings." He says, "I'm glad aswell... imagine if you hadn't have, we would still be acting like friend, when in actual fact we don't want that. Newt you have made me the happiest girl in this glade." You peck him on the cheek, "well good, because you are the only girl in this Glade." He laughs and crawls over you accidentally kicking something over.

"Woah guys, guys, guys!" Minho yells rushing over. You and Newt quickly sit up. "You knocked over one of the shucking candles, you could have started a grass fire!" Thomas shouts walking over to us from a distance. You look at Newt, and he gives you a smile and stands up. Thomas picks up the candle and stands next to Minho, "Congratulations guys!" They both cheer, slapping Newt's hands and whispering 'I knew you could do it.'