Newt | Unaware

[IMAGINE FOR Hemms_96]

As you move throughout the Glade, you can't help but realise Newt staring at your from a distance. Your friend was so over protective, it's getting to the point were you couldn't do anything without being watched.

You walk over to the maze doors to talk to Thomas and Minho. "What's wrong with newt?" You ask them, you all turn to look at him staring.

"Y/N, you nïeve little cutie.." Minho starts, "you just don't get it do you?" He asks. "What? What is it!" You beg getting very curious. Minho and Thomas look towards each other with a smirk. "Bye Y/N." Thomas yells rushing into the maze, followed by a chuckling Minho.

"Wait! No! Tell me!" You yell about to step inside the maze to chase after them, but you couldn't you were being flung back by Gally. "Thanks Gall. That was a close one." You explain. "Anytime." He laughs, you were prone to walking in the maze. You always forget the rules.

You and Gally started talking, he was a very good friend to you and you found it very weird how everybody hates him. "Get your hands off of her!" Newt yells rushing towards you. You roll your eyes and look down at Gally's hand resting your shoulder. Gally doesn't take it off. You look at Newt, "his holding my shoulder.. No harm is being done." You say sternly. "I don't trust him touching you like that." Newt says sternly. "Holding me like what? It's nothing!" You yell getting annoyed.

Gally takes his hand off your shoulder and walks up to Newt so their eye to eye. 'Shit', you mumble. "Look.. Newt. I did nothing wrong, so stop criticising me for something you can't do." Gally states. "You bastard" Newt raises his fist going to strike Gally. You quickly edge your way in-between them. Newt drops his fist at the sight of you.

"Newt, I don't want to fight you, I think you're a good shank. But the things you've been doing lately.. 'Saving' Y/N from every guy she talks too.. That has to stop, alright?" You nod agreeing with Gally's proposition. Newt has nothing to say, so he turns walks away.

You quickly look at Gally and grab his hand. "Thanks Gall." You say. "I know what you mean to him.. And so does everybody else in this shucking place, surprisingly except for you. I don't know how you don't realise it but he is protective for a reason and it's turning him into an asshole. Try and fix it Y/N. Try and fix him." He finishes and walks the opposite way.

Trying to process what Gally had said, you finally realise what's been going on.

'Everybody knows it except for you.'

'His overprotective for a reason.'

'It's turning him into an asshole.'

'Try and fix him.'

He likes you and he's being overprotective because he cares about you.

You rush off in the direction that Newt ran. You immediately thought the homestead. So your run into the building and into his room. He wasn't there. You keep looking around the homestead but it was clear he wasn't there. You run out of the building and look around. "Where are ya?" You quietly mumble.

Thinking back to the mini fight, you remember Newt rushing of towards the homestead, precisely. But he wasn't in the the homestead, so where could he b- you step back to take a look at the building. You had just realised what was behind it, and decide to look there.

You run to the back of the building and immediately find Newt, surrounded by the forestry. "NEWT!" You yell running towards him, you had already planned everything. You were going to run up to him, give him a hug and confess your hidden love. Like all those cliché love stories.

You run towards him, nothing stopping you except the slim tree directly in front of you. Bang, you face plant the tree and fall to the ground with exhausting pain. "Y/N!!!" You hear Newt yell, the pain from your head was not like any you've experienced before, it was much much worse. You couldn't open your eyes but you sensed people moving, and speaking around you. The next thing you saw was a bright white light.

-

-

-

-

"Y/N, please wake up.. Please please." You hear Newt chanting from beside you, he was holding your hand real tight. You start to flicker your eyes open. "Y/N!" He yell/whispers, "thank god."

You felt very dizzy, so you wanted to sit up. "Help me.. Please." You speak softly, Newt quickly grabs you and helps you sit straight. "Are you feeling alright? Do you need anything?" He asks, holding your hand.

You raise your hand up to your head and feel your swelled forehead. "Ouch." You pull back, it was thumping hard. "It's okay, Jeff says it will go down in at least a week. Don't worry about it." He smiles. Feeling run down you nod and lean your head back onto the wall.

"Newt?" You whisper. "Yes?" He asks coming towards you. "I know this might sound crazy-" you crackle, "but I heard you in my unconsciousness. I heard everything you said, and it is truly amazing to know I have friend that cares so much. Thank you, you are so beautiful." "Y/N, you know I would do anything for you.. You're my life, you're the one that keeps me holding on.." Newt say, "And by the way you're the beautiful one.. Inside and out."

After a minute of smiles, he sits back down in his chair. "I cannot believe you face planted a tree Y/N, a tree that was obviously right there in front of you, how did you not see it?" He teases kindly. You giggle closing your eyes, "newttt." You whine, touching your sore face.

After the laughing and teasing die down you decide to speak up, "Newt" You ask, "come here please." With that he rushes over to you. "You know how people say kisses make your soreness feel better?" "Yeah." He smiles. "Well can you kiss my forehead?" You ask. "I definitely will." He comes towards you and kisses your bruised forehead. "My nose hurts aswell." You order and he kisses it too.

"Anything else?" He smiles. "Yes actually.." You think about this one. "My lips hurt, that tree was very rough an-" you get interrupted, "you don't need to explain." He smirks. He then kisses you softly, for about a minute straight and pulls back. "I hope that feels better." You nod slowly, trying not to whiplash your head. "It sure did." You say, he backs away but you don't want him too. "Actually Newt, it's still sore. Very very sore." He comes back forward and leans into you. "Thanks for helping." You smirk.