Newt | Fights

[IMAGINE FOR @cutiepie_411]

You have been in the glade for over two months and were super close to everybody, especially Thomas, Newt, Minho and even Gally although the boys despise him. On this particular day everything seemed quiet, almost to quiet. You decide to take a stroll around the Glade, as you had just finished serving lunch with Frypan.

To kill time you decided to lie down and gaze up at the clouds, it was probably the most interesting part of the day, how exciting you thought even though it was really lame. "Y/N." Somebody yells joyfully, you quickly sit up and see Thomas running toward you, "how are you this fine day?" He asks giving you a gentle hug. "Pretty good than- wait a minute.. Aren't you supposed to be running?" You ask nodding over at the maze doors. "Not today, Alby said I could have a rest."

"Oh cool!" You reply, he truly needed a break. You've been noticing his mood getting more and more frustrated lately, and you're quite happy to see him cheery today. "Anyway." He starts, "Tonight do you want to do something with me?" He asks smiling. "Sure! What did you have in mind?" You reply. "I'm not too sure, maybe after we have dinner we can go hang out at the treehouse and have dessert there or something.." He offers. "That's sounds awesome, I can't wai-" you get cut of by a British accent.

"Sorry to interupt.." Newt says eyeing Thomas for some reason. "It's all good." I say trying to break the weird tension that was caused between you and your friends. "Can I talk to Y/N?" Newt asks Thomas. "Sure, go ahead." Thomas gestures.

"You can leave.." Newt states, pointing to the homestead and glaring at Thomas.

"What is happening!?" You ask loudly. You, Thomas and Newt were.. Are, best friends, and you couldn't understand the weird anxiousness coming off of the guys. Maybe they had a fight? You asked yourself.

Newt intently stares at Thomas, until he decides to get up and leave, "See you later Y/N." You wave at him, why didn't he say bye to Newt? You ask yourself again. "Well.." You mumble feeling awkward. "What did you have to say?" You push him. "I don't know.." He replies. "What do you mean you don't know? You just told Tommy to go away so you could speak with me.. What's up!?" You retaliate. Newt looks at the ground.

"What did Thomas have to say too you?" He then asks looking at your face, "well not much since you interrupted us.." "Well, what did you say before that then?" He asks smiling, trying to be nice. "Nothing, we just made plans." "For what?" He asks intentively. "Why do you want to know?" You ask smirking. "Because I do!" Newt snaps at you. You suddenly loose your smirk and lower your head. "Look, Y/N I'm sorry." He grabs your chin and pulls it up so your looking at him. "I didn't mean for it too come out like that. You didn't deserve that, I'm sorry." He stops justifying and turns your face to peck you on the cheek. You couldn't help but realise how close he did it to your mouth, it was odd coming from your closest friend. He then gets up and leaves you by yourself. "What is going on!" You whisper to yourself and fall back onto the soft grass.

-

After quite a while of day dreaming you suddenly hear the grunts and groans, you sit up immediately once again and notice how all the boys started running over to the pit. You swiftly stand up and you too start running, going to see what in the hell was happening. When you reached the destination of the groaning and moaning you realised two boys where fighting. As you walk closer joining the pack of boys surrounding them you realise it was Thomas and Newt. You notice how some boys tried to break them apart including Minho and Alby but they wouldn't stop throwing punches.

You immediately run into the middle of the pack and wedge your way in between your two best friends. Thomas who was bout to knock Newt over suddenly stopped. "Y/N, get out of the way." Newt states harshly. "No. I am not letting you guys continue, what is going on.. We're friends!" You say trying to keep it together. You look from Thomas who had a few bruises on his face to newt who's purple coloured face was starting to swell up.

You then notice how the two boys were staring at each other in such a menacing way, Alby grabs Newt and Gally grabs Thomas and they pull them away from each other, and drag them to different areas of the glade. Minho quickly grabs your arm and pulls it with him, "woah." You mumble stumbling as he too takes you away.

You both stop at the garden, "what was that about!" You immediately ask, "why do they want to kill each other?" You stare at Minho. "Is it not obvious Y/N? They are both in love with you!" He states. You freeze in shock, you couldn't believe they would fight like that over you. You still couldn't say anything, the thought of two of your best friends fighting over you made you feel really really bad. Minho then sits down, "the night you went to bed early us boys stayed up and started talking about stuff.. And Thomas then confessed his feelings for you, that's when Newt went a bit funny as he then confessed his feelings aswell." Minho explains.

Still trying to process, Minho asks you a question, "who do you think you will go for?" Shocked by the question you quickly state, "neither! I can't do that to one person and not the other." "Yes you can.." Minho says, "I know for the other person it would be difficult but I think you need someone Y/N. Your looking very lonely lately and I really think you need a special person.. You know what I mean?" He asks rubbing your arm. You nod, taking in all he said. It was true, you did want that special person and if it was one of your best friends it would really be even more perfect and deep down you knew even if you pick one the other one will definitely be okay with it.

"Go Y/N, at least make one of them happy." And in the heat of the moment you left. Feeling strong and powerful you storm over to Alby and Gally, "where are the boys?" You ask. Alby points to the Med-House, "Thomas is in room 5 and Newt is in 7." "Thanks." You reply starting to run towards the Med-House. On the way you debate in your head who to choose, which friend you loved more, it was really hard.

Once there you rush in and head for the rooms mentioned. You stand in between both of there rooms leaning against door number 6. Using your heart and not your head you turn right and open the door to room 7.

As you rushed in you see Newt lying in the bed holding and ice pack to his arm. "Y/N, I wasn't expecting you in here." He mumbles, softly. "Yeah, well. We need to talk." You say not bothering to close the door you pull a seat right next to his bed. "Minho told me everything and I am well aware of your feelings." You look at him as he raises his hand to his head shaking it slightly. "And you know what? I have the same feelings." He looks you back in the eye. "Y/N, you don't understand how happy this makes me feel.." He lets a tear out, and you stand up and kiss him leaning over the bed. You guys didn't say any words but you knew what each other were thinking. "I love you." He whispers.

THOMAS' POV:

I finally build up the courage to go apologise to Newt. I realised how stupid and foolish I was to be such a shank to a friend who has helped me through everything. I get out of the bed and walk out the door shuffling to the door two down from mine. I walk up to Newt's door and see Y/N, leaning over Newt kissing him.

It was at that moment I knew I had lost my everything, so I decide to leave, walking away from the room that had totally changed my hopes and dreams.