Minho | Protect

[IMAGINE FOR: livytherainprincess]

The elevator finally stopped as it reached its full height. You quickly stand up and wipe the tears off your face. Suddenly hearing a loud sound coming from above, you tilt your head backwards to see the cause. It was the ceiling of the lift being raised. Light flooded the room and you couldn't help but turn away from the brightness. Once adjusted to the vibrant surroundings, you look up slightly squinting. You were taken aback when you realized you were surrounded by many boys of different ages.

"Bloody hell.." States one boy with a British accent.

"What is it?" The people from behind yelled, as they couldn't see what was happening. "It's a girl." He states again. Whilst all the boys murmured with shock and disbelief a dark guy helps you out of the underground box. "Thanks." You state fixing yourself up.

"Can you remember anything?" The dark guy asks you. You look confused. "Like your name?"

You try to think, it took 20 seconds to finally remember. "My names Y/N." You tell him,excitedly. "Welcome to the Glade Y/N." Alby choruses, and suddenly all the boys started cheering. While the guys applauded, many questions filled your mind like: what is the glade? Where are the girls? Why are you here? And soon enough they were all answered.

Newt the British guy and a fello named Alby filled you in on all the information you wanted to know, showing you around the glade and introducing you to all the people.

"And no one can find a way out?" You ask, "No shucking one." "And how long have you been here for?" "Three years." You suddenly feel a weird coldness, they've been there for three years and still haven't found a way out. "Well shuck it.. I think that's enough story tellin' for today" Alby smiles, and stops walking. "Good that." Newt replies. You strain your eyebrows, confused by the weird language and speech both the boys and the gladers use, like shuck, klunk and some other stuff that you have already forgotten by now.

"Oh Y/N. See over there." Newt points at the Maze Doors, over to a boy running out of them. "That's Minho. I bet he will be so shucking pleased to see you, the new Greenie." "Greenie?" You asks, but he motions you to follow him. You and Newt walk up to Minho. "Hey klunk-face" Newt laughs at him. "Hey Newt, I saw nothing new as usu-" he stops mid sentence staring at you, "Meet Y/N." Newt introduces you to Minho. You wave at him nervously as he looks you up and down. "A girl. But what?" He asks, but all Newt does is give him the 'I don't know' gesture.

Newt leaves, and you and Minho start to talk about different topics ranging from the Maze to the Glade. "Yeah, I'm a bit worried about doing stuff by myself, like you now sleeping and working. It's just that I need someone there to know that I'm safe." You state. "Um.. Y/N you can stay with me if you want. I really don't mind." Minho offers. "I will, especially now that I've been talking to you for almost 3 hours and you seem like the closest thing to home for me." You smile, as you both walk over to the bonfire.

"It's getting late, and we all need to rest up for our usual jobs tomorrow. So everyone best be off, but firstly let's give our new Greenie Y/N one last friendly welcome." Alby shouts clapping his hands, suddenly all the guys start applauding. You blush, and suddenly feel a tug at your top. "Let me show you to your room, I mean my room, I mean--" he stops talking, getting confused. You laugh. You finally get to his bed/hammock thing, standing back while he makes you one too, but far away from his.

"Please put it closer to yours." You say disappointedly, looking at the ground. "Why the sudden change of mood?" He asks, as you rub the back of your neck ashamed, you hate to feel needy and not brave. "It's just I hate being so scared, I wouldn't normally be as wimpy as this but-" He stops you. "I totally get it. It's fine to be frightened here in the glade, it's a naturally scary place, and it even gives my the shucking spooks sometimes. Plus you're doing better then most of the guys that have come out of that shucking box before." He explains, "Do you know Thomas? Have you met him yet?" He asks, as you nod. "Well he was trippin for the first couple of days. Much worse then you." He says, placing his hand on your arm and slightly squeezing it. "Don't ever be ashamed." A short pause silenced you guys. "Anyway, we better sleep." He says hoping into his bed and gesturing you to get into yours.

A couple of minutes past, when suddenly a loud screech from the maze, lasting for about 10 seconds. You jump up into a sitting position grabbing Minho's arm to hold. Frightened and absolutely terrified, you start to freak out. Minho gets up, and walks over one step to you, and wraps his muscly arms around your body, whispering "they're the grievers we talked about. And I promise you that you will never ever be harmed by one of those shucking things ever. I will protect you." You start to feel all tingly inside. It was your emotions so many were pierced inside you at that moment, and all you wanted and needed to do was to experience love. Without thinking you press your lips onto his and share that moment with him, feeling safe. "I will always protect you, Y/N." He says through the short breaths taken.

You lie back down in your bed, grab his bulky hands and drag him down with you. All the terrifying noises coming from the maze was blocked out by the comforting arms and sweet breathing of Minho who was sleeping wrapped beside you.

The next morning was swell, Minho pulled you up out of the bed and gave you a long meaningful kiss. He then stopped, looking you in the eyes and tucking your hair behind your ear. "Would you say you're a good, swift and fast runner?" Minho asks you tugging at your shirt, like a cute little puppy. "Um.." You start confused at his random question. "Yes, why?" He quickly grabs your hand and jogs over to Alby, "I've found a new Runner." And quickly pecks you on your neck.
-