Newt | Grievers

[IMAGINE FOR smigglemad ]

You look around the box, as the ceiling opens up gushing in a bright light. You notice many people, boys.. staring at you as you get to your feet. You start to feel scared. You hear many boys mumbling about you and shouting, 'it's a girl.'

"Hello." A guy with a British accent says, reaching in for your hand. "Hi.." You says grabbing it, as he pulls you up to land. You quickly recover on your feet, looking around you take in your surroundings. You didn't know how to feel, scared? Confused? Angry? "Where am I? Who are you guys? Why am I here?" You ask immediately.

Many boys tell you about the 'glade' and the 'maze', explaining everything you wanted to know. You start to have a panic attack, pacing back and forth fanning yourself. "Are you okay?" The British boy, Newt ask you. "No.. I'm panicking." You say sternly. He then leans over you placing both his hands on your shoulders. "Listen to me-" he says kindly, he starts explaining all the positives and tells you how it has a plus side. You end up feeling a bit relieved, knowing that all those boys where in the same boat as you. "Thankyou." You say, giving him a big quick hug.

"I REMEMBER!" You yell in his ear, pulling back. "My name is Y/N!" You shout telling everyone. All the boys start cheering, making you feel happy. "Welcome home Y/N" they all cheer.

-Two Weeks Later-

You and Chuck were sitting on the grass watching the goats in the garden bump into eachother. It was very amusing. "They're so lucky." Chuck sighs, "what!" You laugh, "the goats?", "Yeah!" He replies, "they're so lucky to be free and have their family... Unlike us." He says looking to the ground. "I don't think they're a fami-" you begin to say but decide against it. You turn to chuck and rub his back. "I wish I have my family aswell, but we don't. So that's why I'm grateful to have you. And Newt and Thomas and the rest of the boys." You tell him.

He looks up at you, "you consider me as family?" He asks. "Of course Chucky." You hug him, giving a kiss on his head. You then look up at the sky, there was no sun and it was transforming into a darker shade of blue. You then look towards the maze doors, they weren't moving an inch. "Holy shuck!" You say getting up looking at the sky again. "What? What's wrong!?" Chuck asks worried. "I'll explain later!! Okay Chucky? I need to go." You say giving him a quick hug and running off to find Newt.

You skid down the homestead hall and halt at Newts room. "NEWT!" You yell seeing him reading some papers. He quickly puts them down and runs to you, "what's wrong? Are you okay!!?" He asks. "The doors-" you puff. "They're not shutting." He pulls your hand and runs to go see. "SHIT!" He yells, "we need to see Tommy and Minho."

You guys run to the map room and storm in causing Minho to go ballistic. "Your not aloud in here!" He shouts, "she is if I say so." Newt answers back, squeezing your hand. "Anyway!.. We have a real problem on our hands, the doors aren't shucking closing!" Minho and Thomas look at eachother.

"Do you shanks know something?" Newt asks curious. "We may have found a way out today- and that's probably the reason why the doors are not closing." Thomas explains. "What!!" Newt shouts. "A way out!" You mumble, happy. "You need to tell us everything!"

While Thomas and Minho explain, you look outside and stare at the ever changing sky growing darker and darker, until two boys distract you. Chuck and Gally run in, "ITS THE GRIEVERS!" Chuck yells, "they're here." Gally says a little more calmer.

"Shit!" Newt shouts. "What do we do?" I ask around, looking along from boy to boy. "We hide!" Thomas says, "get to the Med-House, that way we can lock the doors!" Gally says. We all nod, getting prepared to make a run for. "Chuck, hold my hand." You say, clearly seeing the fear in his eyes. "Thanks." He grabs your hand. "Be very careful Y/N, just run to the Med-House, and you will fine." You turn to look at him and the other boys. They were all holding weapons, preparing to fight.

"No." You state, "no way." "We need too.." Newt replies, you nod sadly knowing it was for the best. "Please, all of you be careful!" You say starting to shake nervously. You give the boys one by one a quick hug, leaving Newt to last. "Don't do anything too dangerous, okay?" You say, squeezing him tight. You then grab Chuck's hand again. "Ready?" You ask and he nods, then you make a run for it.

Running as fast as you could, you both sprint to the medhouse. You turn your head to the left and notice a Griever at full speed coming at you. "HURRY!" You yell at Chuck, gripping his hand harder, but suddenly he gets ripped from you. You stop in your tracks and see Chuck screaming in pain. "CHUCK!" You yell, he had been stung. You quickly run over to him seeing the griever being tackled by the boys.

You wrap your arm around him and help him to the medhouse. You try and open the door but it was already locked, "LET US IN!" You scream knocking and thrashing on the door. Suddenly the door swings open and you rush in helping Chuck to a bed. He was unconscious. "What happened!?" Jeff the med-jack asked. "What do you think happened!?" You yell at him, scared for Chuck's sake. "Will he be okay?" You ask starting to feel anxious. "Some people do, some people don't. It primarily is up to how much poison was injected." You nod your head and sit down next to Chuck's bed. Holding his hand.

You were in deep slumber until someone from under you started thrashing around. It was Chuck. He was sweaty and seemed to have tears running down his face. "CHUCK. WHATS WRONG ARE YOU OKAY?" You ask caressing his cheek. "Not the best." He mumbles, and suddenly blanks out becoming very still. You immediately stand up, thinking he was dead. Your eyes pour out tears as you kiss his cheek, "goodbye ch-" he moves again, gasping heavily. "Y/N, you.. You won't believe it!" He smiles really big, forgetting his pain. "What?" You ask quietly, smiling through your tears aswell. "I saw what life was like before we were put in here." He says.

Oh that's right, you think back to when the boys were explaining a griever sting, they said you could remember past memories. "So what did you see?" You ask, "Us.. We were having fun in a house we would call home, with our parents. You and I.. We were siblings." He says smiling. "You were my brother?" You state. "You are my brother." You cheer, giving him a big hug. "I knew there was something about you Chucky... I love you so much." Tears fall out of his eyes. "I love you so much aswell Y/N" he tries to sit up to hug you. "Stop.. You will hurt yourself." You say helping him lie down properly.

"Please.. Please kiss me" he says pointing to his cheek. You lean over him and kiss him there. "Family." He whispers, just loud enough for you too hear. Suddenly you hear big thumps on the ground, you look around and see the boys. You notice how there were less boys then what they started with. "Where's Minho?" You ask standing up. "He was taken." Thomas answers. Your heart drops, and you start to cry once again. You notice all the boys drenched with sweat and dirt. Newt was crying.

You run up to newt, and grab his hands. The others started to go off doing there own business. "Chuck's my brother." You smile through the tears. "How do you know?" He asks. "He saw visions of the past." "But you can only do that if your experiencing the changing." He says confused. You move out of the way so he could take a look at Chuck, he was fidgeting in pain. Newt gasps, "no, chuck." He starts to cry again. "Nothing bad has happened yet. And I hope it won't, he's my brother. And I need him." You say.

Newt then grabs your hand and puts it to his face. "Kiss me?" He asks. "Please." Confused and shocked, you agree and indeed kiss him gently. It was your first kiss and you were glad it was with someone you loved. You were immediately interrupted by Chuck, groaning loudly unlike any before.

You both pull away and run to Chuck's side, Jeff following aswell. "What's happening!" You ask him. Jeff and the other medjacks, inspect Chuck, until he stops twitching, lying there with his eyes open. "What is it? Another vision?" You ask. "No, Y/N, he-" he couldn't finish, but you knew what he meant. "No.." You gasp, turning to Newt and grasping him real hard. "NOO!!"

{so you won't believe this.. I legit wrote this chapter z2 times and both of them deleted :') so this isn't the best sorryy}