Newt | Flowers

[IMAGINE FOR: ASFmichelle]

It was your second day at the glade, and you had already found your partners in crime Minho and Thomas. You were also close with Newt, who tried to check up on you every 10 minutes, which you thought was very cute.

You stare around the perimeter of the glade, like you had a hundred times before. But this time staring at the people, the gladers. They were all eyeing you, as if you were something amusing. You get paranoid and quickly look around searching for Newt.

"-Runner, Slopper, Med Jack, Gardener, Builder, Track Hoe, Map Maker, Bagger and Livestock Raiser. So yes, they are the jobs.. Have a think about what you seem comfortable with, and we can try you out." Alby finishes. "Y/N are you listening?" Alby asks. Your head shoots back, "Um.. Yeah. I just- I need some alone time," you state. "Of course." He smiles and turns around, walking away.

You look to the left and see the gardeners staring at you and now quickly pretending they're looking at something in the distance. "Wow.." You mumble. Being the only girl sure had its perks, well not really.

You decide to take a walk along the stone walls. Reaching out, you touch the wall and feel a cold shiver crawling up your arm. You drag your hand along the wall until you come to the part where they split. Shocked you stand back looking into the dark ally way of the maze. You hadn't seen it up close, so you were mesmerized.

Curiosity took over your body and you took a step in, only to be pulled back by a firm grip on the shoulders. "What do you think you're doing slinthead." The boy says. You turn around and notice it's one of the builders. "I- I was.." You couldn't finish of your sentence you were to shocked. "Listen to me. Don't shucking go in there, ever. You hear me greenbean?" He grumbles with his deep voice, pointing at you like you were a little child.

"Hey, Gally! What do you think you're doing." Newt rushes in front of you blocking him from sight. "She was about to step into the maze!" Gally states. "No I wasn't..mI was just looking inside!" You quickly recover. "Don't think you can lie and mess around just because you're a shucking girl, okay greenie!", "But I'm telling the truth." You say quietly, threatened by Gally. Newt gives you a calming look.

"Gally.. It's her second day here, so cut her a break. Don't you think she isn't already under pressure? Being the only girl in this place. It must be hard. So just calm down. Alright?" Newt says in his thick British accent. "Slinthead" Newt whispered the last part so only you could hear it. "Yeah well you better teach her the rules Newt. Or else I won't be holding her back next time." Gally threatens. Newt gives him a deadly stare. "Come on, lets go." Newt whispers in your ear and pulls your shoulder as he walks towards the gardens. Newt walks to the pretty side of the grass, where there were tiny flowers and sits down. You hop down cross legged next to him, and heavily breathe out.

"Okay... Give it to me." You say bravely. "Give you what?" He asks curiously. "The lecture. I did something wrong didn't I?" You ask.

He stretches and lies flat on his back, holding his head so he's staring at you at the same time. "Don't worry Y/N, you did nothing wrong." You smile, knowing that you were right.

You start to pick out the tiny flowers connected to the soil underneath the grass. "They're pretty huh?" Newt smiles. "Sometimes I stop to pick them." He says seriously. "Hahah. Why would you, a teenage guy stop to pick some flowers." I tease, while he blushes. "Hahah, I don't know.. They're just--. They're just beautiful. I guess." "Hmm. True." You smirk at him. His touchy feely side was very amusing to you.

A few minutes went past when Newt quickly sits up as if something was wrong. "Are you okay?" You quickly ask worried. "Yeah. I'm fine." He states while picking a flower. "This one-" he starts "reminds me of you." He places the pretty white daisy on the top of your ear.

You blush, feeling really happy. "Why thanky-" You get cut of by Newt's lips. Enjoying this more then you should, you kissed back, lasting 30 seconds before Newt pulls away. "I am so sorry, I really shouldn't have. Especially not here, not now. I'm taking advantage of you, I'm such a-" You don't even care about what he was on about, all you wanted was his lips and desperately.

You lightly push him back to the ground so you were both lying on your sides kissing at ease. "Good that." He smirks in between kisses. You pull away staring into his eyes, "You are amazing Newt. Truly amazing." He replies with his beautiful words. Telling you that you were beautiful. Minutes go by and none of you cared about the people who might be watching, you both continue kissing.

You guys rested on the grass, looking up at the sunny sky transforming into the night sky. You both held hands. "Y/N, you were the first person to make me smile in a very very long time. And for that I am truly thankful." He whispers in your ear slight nibbling at it. "Thank you"
-