Newt | Lost

[IMAGINE FOR: giraffehannah]

3 Days Before:

The tree house was a place were you and Newt could be alone. You guys would usually go up there to talk about your problems and things that had been happening, but today all you guys wanted to do was kiss. Newt was leaning against a wooden pole, holding your face as your lips moved in sync, you had no problem kissing him there where the other boys couldn't see. You kept kissing him until you pull away remembering a question you've wanted to ask him. "What no comeback!" Newt whines wanting your lips more then ever, "I have a question" you giggle, quickly pecking him. "And what might that be?" He quickly pecks you back. "Why do you walk with a limp?" You look at him stare at you intensely. You knew he was hesitating to answer, but after a few seconds he lets go of you and replies "Because I do.."

Present day:

"Have you seen Newt?" You ask around frantically, all the boys shake there heads. You quickly run over to another pack of boys, "Where is he? Where's Newt?!" You listen as they all reply with their 'I don't knows' and their shrug of the shoulders.

You run your fingers through you hair, starting to stress. You had checked everywhere around the glade and couldn't find him, "Where the shuck, could he be?" You whisper to yourself. You stand still trying to think and suddenly something cold touches your right shoulder. Startled you jump up and quickly turn around, ready to strike.

"Everyone is trying to hide it from you, Y/N but I personally think, you shucking need to know." Gally breaths out heavily. "Newt had a panic attack and has run into the maze." "Panic attack? Over what?" You ask curiously. "I don't know, you shank! But this isn't the first time." He yells as you lower your head, it wasn't the first time? What?
"Look Y/N, all I know is that Minho and Thomas returned from the maze yesterday with bad news." He lowers into a whisper. "And it made Newt go all funny about it.." Gally explains, making you finally decide what to do.

You jog to the maze doors ready to find Newt, but you hear people behind you. "Y/N, your not allowed in there you're not a runner!" Gally shouts. You take 5 steps into the maze and turn around, "Shuck you and your rules! My friend is out there in a bad state and obviously he needs our help." You turn back around and start to run to the end of the ally way.

You start to feel dizzy as you turn down different paths, looking for Newt. "NEWT!" You decide to yell. Getting very tired, you lean against a cold wall clutching your stomach, the stitch was not bareable. Squinting down at the floor you suddenly see the flicker of a shadow, which caused your head to shoot straight up. "Y/N!?" Thomas yells, all sweaty. "Have you seen Newt?" You ask frantically gliding over towards him. He grabs your shoulder and leans on you trying to catch a breath.

"Yes.. He.. He's over there! I tried to talk to him, but he is refusing to reply. I think he's getting back to his bad habits." Thomas explains. "Bad habits?" You whisper, "Where is he?" Thomas grabs your arm gently and glides you around the maze to a long corridor full of green ivy. You see a sweaty Newt leaning up against a wall, grasping his knees. You run over to him leaving Thomas in the corner, "Newt.. Newt. Are you okay?" You stress tugging at his sleeve.

"I want to be left alone Y/N, okay?" He says sternly, not moving an inch. "Okay." You say siting down next to him and making yourself comfortable. "Please.. Go!" Newt shouts, making you a little frightened causing Thomas to come a little closer. "Newt, just tell me what's wrong! Please your scaring me." You whine. He doesn't reply, still staring at the opposite wall.

You try making him talk but he refuses. Thomas also tries, but fails once again. You finally give up, lying flat on the ground. "Y/N I need to finish my section before sundown, so I better head off. But I will be back here before the doors close, to 'you know'.." He stops, as you nod knowing what he was implying. "Okay, see you later." He states and runs off.

You wait a few minutes lying on the floor until you're ready to start begging again, but Newt suddenly started talking, "I give up." You quickly sit up, "What?" You ask. "I give up on the glade, the maze. It's hopeless we're never gonna make it home. It's shucking hopeless." He moves his focus to the ground. "So that's what this is about."

You suddenly pick up the pieces. Yesterday, Minho and Thomas were telling everyone how the maze wasn't changing and that it hadn't changed since last week. They were saying how they had searched every single corridor and section and found nothing, not an exit, not a sign, nothing.

"Newt you are over exaggerating! We will eventually find a way out. If you think about it, the creators won't want to see us in here growing old, they will eventually give up on us and help us out... Okay Newt?" You tell him even though it sounded ridiculous.

Newt looks at you, "But what if-" "NEWT!" You slide over to him staring into his eyes. "Stop with the 'what ifs' please" You say feeling angry. You lean against the wall again. "You know I'm right, so just stop, alright!" You grumble feeling very agitated. Minutes went past when you realized that you were being totally unreasonable.

"I'm sorry, Newt it's been a long day." You slide back over in front of him. "You really didn't need to hear that yelling, I apologise." Seconds went past but he replied, "It's okay Y/N", he quickly pecks you on your cheek softly and pulls away,

"This is hard for me to admit Y/N but this isn't the first time I had one of these panic attacks." He confesses. You listen intently. "The first time was bad. It was h-how I got my limp." Your lips separate and your eyes start to swell up as he told the story, it was then when you truly realized that you loved him. Knowing that he would let you in to that piece of sad information made you feel very worthy of being his.

You stand up and grab Newts hands pulling him up as well. "I can't believe this Newt.." You say wiping a tear from underneath your eye. "I can't believe you would do such a thing." He looks you in your eyes, and breaks down aswell.

After a couple of minutes of embracing each other in a hug, Thomas glides to a halt in the corridor. He then silently waits for you guys, letting you have your special moment.