Minho | Sacrifices

[IMAGINE FOR bloodyhaz]

Yesterday was an eventful day. It started of fine, but went straight down hill from there. It was the day where Minho confessed his love for you. You close your eyes and think of what happened... Once he had told you, you had nothing to say. You actually really liked Thomas and didn't want to break Minho's heart, so without replying and thinking you walked away.

You open your eyes and bang your head on the wall. "Why?.. Why did I have to be so rude!" You mumble, continuously banging your head. Thomas rushes in the room and you immediately stop, hoping you looked pretty.

"Woah- what was all the banging?" He spills. "What banging?" You ask, acting nonchalant. "But?- it was coming from in here?-" he says confused. "I don't know what you're talking about Thomas. I think you're hallucinating." You say giggling. He smirks and glides over to you, extending his hand. You grab it and he pulls you up swiftly.

"Thank you Thomas." You say smiling, "that's alright-" he lets go of your hand. "Anyway, Y/N. Here.. I have your mirror for some reason." He says handing you back your metal compact mirror, "Thanks" you grab it and put it in the pocket near your hip. "Y/N, Are you ready to run? Because you should be leaving right about now." He says looking at his watch. "Oh righ- Wait? What? Your not running?" You ask sadly. "Yeah, I can't with my leg in this state." He pulls the leg of his pants up showing you the bandage. "Ohh.." You sigh, "I didn't know you were hurt. I'm sorry, I hope you get better fast.." You symphysis, and then it hits you. You realize that you have to share sections with Minho. You try and think of ways to get out of it, but you knew there was no easy way out. 'Wow, this is going to be awkward.' You think to yourself.

You and Thomas say your goodbyes at the Home-stead, he couldn't walk far distances. "Get better, tommy!" You smirk giving him a hug. "Thanks Y/N." He sighs playfully. And with that you go to the maze doors. As you get closer and closer you see Minho leaning against the stone wall waiting for you. "Hey." You state. "Hi." He replies, and you both start walking in deeper and deeper.

You both walk then fast walk then jog and then sprint, and through that process neither one of you talked, like you would normally do. 'Yep.. I've ruined the friendship.. It all my fault' You sigh in your mind. You finally get to the section where you too break apart. Thank goodness, you couldn't handle the strained tension between you both. You turn down your corridor and sprint, wanting to get through it as fast as possible so you could have some free time to yourself.

After an hour of scavenging your section you finish, walking back slowly. And you do the best thing you can do.. Procrastinate. You think about your relationship with your bestfriends, and how there is some sort of love triangle. It is pretty sad. You start to groan, turning another bend until you realized the massive Griever coming forth for you. "AGH!" You yell, shooting back deeper into the maze.

You continue to yell as the griever chases you, hoping to get someone's attention. You quickly turn off at an ally, waiting for the griever to pass so then you could run back. Your plan seemed to work, the griever kept running forward, so you decided to go back into the main corridor and sprint back from where you came from.

Finally thinking you were safe you double over, huffing and puffing. Until you see it in the distance behind you again. "Oh shuck." You revive yourself and run as fast as you could. You accidentally miss the turn off and reach a dead end. You turn around to go back but realize the griever had caught up. "Please don't." You say, trying to reason with an illiterate creature. It comes forward and you knew you were done for. You decide to scream for help again hoping a savior would save you,

"HELPPPPPPP", and suddenly the Griever moans a great surge of pain. Completely overwhelmed with relief, you try and catch a glimpse of ins source of pain. You realize Minho used a large stick to stab right through its greasy metal body. The griever falls to the floor, dead. You finally decide to look back up, truly terrified.

Minho pulls out the stick from the griever and chucks it on the floor. "Are you o-" Minho starts, but you tackle him with a massive hug. "Thank you so much Minho.. I really thought I was going to die, but you saved me. Thank you." You say feeling truly grateful. You continue to hug until you realize another Griever turning the close corner and coming up from behind him. It took you a few seconds to react, but as it lines up to sting Minho you push him to the side. It luckily missed him, you sigh in relief until it comes back up hitting you in the hip.

You make an 'o' shape with your mouth feeling the pressure pushing you backwards. The pain of the sting wasn't as bad as you thought.. You didn't know what all the fuss was about, it didn't hurt at all. You look down at your hip and realize the metal compact mirror in your pocket was protecting you from the getting pierced. "Thankgod." You mumble, helping Minho up to his feet. "RUN!" You yell.

You both keep running as fast as you could, trying to escape the griever's vision. You both stop dead in your tracks as you realize you hit a dead end. You both turn around to go the other way but it was too late. The griever had trapped you in. It's was coming closer and closer and you knew you were done for.

Minho quickly turns to you and grabs you hands. "I have to make this quick.. We don't have much time." He yaps, turning to see the griever. "Thanks for saving my life back there, I have no words to explain how grateful I am to have a friend who would sacrifice theirselves for another persons safety... And I owe this to you." He says. 'He owes this to me?' You wonder. He quickly leans over you and kisses you, for the time it lasted you were mesmerized. "I'm sorry. But I had to do that, at least once." He whispers on your lips.

He then pulls back and walks towards the griever, sacrificing himself. "When he gets me, run. You got it? Run!" He turns to look at you with tears eyes. "Don't do this!" You yell, running after him. "Get back Y/N!" He shouts, wanting to keep you safe. You quickly devise a plan. You wait till Minho distracts the griever, then you will run and stake it from behind. As the griever gets his injection out, you swiftly and quietly sneak past him running to the first sharp thing you find.

Even though there where no trees near, you found a large branch. You snap it with your leg, making it sharp. Seeing the needle inches away from Minho's skin, you bolt forward for the griever and stab it right in the mush. "ARGHH!" Minho yells in pain, as the griever starts to spaz around. Hearing Minho's scream you knew you were too late, so you start crying.

The griever stops fidgeting and falls into rest. You take this opportunity to run to Minho. You search his body up and down to find the sting but can't seem to find it. He looks up at you weirdly. "Where's the sting?" You ask him. "I didn't get stung..." He replies confused. "But you screamed in pain?" "What! No, I screamed because I was scared." He explains. You take a while to think about it, but it was perfect sense, so you nod.

You wrap your arms around Minho and hold him tight. "Thank you for everything today, I really owe my life to you." You say. "As do I." He replies. He looks up at your face, and you couldn't help it. Even though it wasn't easy to see, you did love Minho. You had always have. And now it was true. You kiss him again.