The Legend: Chapter 75 - Zelda's Will

The destruction of Castle Town had been remarkably reconstructed as did any other wreckage throughout the kingdom. All corners of the kingdom came together to attend the celebration of victory. Everyone from Ordon had also come to Castle Town to join the celebration. Most of us flooded into Hyrule Castle to be able to adequate all of Hyrule. Everyone was so happy and joyful as they feasted and reunited with their loved ones. It was truly a beautiful sight. "A sight that Zelda would have adored." I thought to myself. I began to tire of the surrounding atmosphere and decided to leave. I wandered deep within the castle towards Zelda's resting place. Underneath the castle was a temple, there Zelda was dressed for burial and put to rest. The room that held her was large and filled with numerous gifts. It had tall ceilings and stained glass windows that lit up the room vibrantly. Zelda lay on a stone altar surrounded by candles and flowers. Her hair was intricately braided while her body wore a white lace dress. Her hands were folded neatly on her chest. She seemed so at peace as her features were still and unmoving. I moved my way towards her and set my sword and shield by the door for respect. Even in death Zelda was so beautiful. "You didn't deserve this. I'm so sorry." I whispered to her. "Ahem. Excuse me Master Link, there are some matters we must discuss. "A voice stated. I turned to see that Prince Ralis was in the door way. He avoided eye contact and clenched a parchment in his hands as he stood there. "Discuss what exactly?" I questioned. "The princess' last will and testament. A great deal of it involves you." He answered. I felt my heart clench. Zelda was planning to sacrifice herself. She made plans prior to her death and I was completely unaware. "How does it involve me exactly?" I asked. "I think it's better if we discuss this behind closed doors Link." Rails instructed. That was the first time the prince of the Zoras had used my name as an informal. The new found intimacy shocked me as the Zora grabbed my arm and guided me away from the temple. We eventually reached the throne room where all the major leaders were gathered. Queen Rutella greeted us at the door.  "Master Link we have much to discuss." She stated as she guided me to the chair beside her. At the table sat the Goron leader, Elder Mora, Nabooru, and Mayor Bo. "So what is this all about?" I asked bluntly. All heads in the room suddenly turned towards me in a tense matter. "This is about Zelda's last will and testament." Nabooru stated firmly. "How does this regard to me?" I asked. "Link I'm sure Ralis has told you that a great deal of it involved you." Mayor Bo said as he nodded towards Ralis. The Zora prince unraveled the parchment in his hands and set it on the table for his mother to read aloud. "It is my last will and testament that if I, Princess Zelda of Hyrule the last of the royal blood line, is to perish in battle, then it is my royal duty to appoint the next ruler that I see most fit to rule over this land. I appoint the Chosen Hero as the next rule of Hyrule. Master Link has portrayed courage, power, and most of all wisdom in protecting this kingdom from the most malevolent forces ever seen. His heart is true and I know he will be the King this kingdom deserves. He will be a just and noble leader, and the people of Hyrule will love him as much as I do. " Queen Rutella finished. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was all too much to take in. I felt a hand on my shoulder but didn't bother to look to see who it was as I buried my face in my hands. "We know this is a lot to take in at the moment but the kingdom can only go for so long without a ruler." Mayor Bo explained. "She's wrong! I can't be king! I'm no leader!" I exclaimed. "I beg to differ. You lead us into battle and defeated Ganondorf. Link you are the most qualified out of us to lead." Nabooru stated. I lifted my head to see that she was the one who had been attempting to comfort me. "I don't want this." I stated as I stood up causing the chair to fall back and make a ruckus. "Zelda is the only one fit to rule and no one can replace her. EVER!" I shouted as I stormed out of the room. "Link wait!" Queen Rutella begged. I didn't listen and continued to march away. I returned to where Zelda laid. I was fuming with anger as I entered the temple but as my eyes met her body I felt the rage disappear. My heart was heavy with the thought of Zelda writing her will regarding me. I fell to my knees beside her and held her hand within my own.  "Zelda you of all people know I would never willing choose to rule. I would fight for it yes but I couldn't do what you do fro this land. These people love you and you love them. Come back to me and be the Queen this land deserves." I cried as I kissed her hand. I stepped back from her and exited the temple. From there I went towards the stables to find Epona. I could no longer stay here. I needed to find answers. I needed to find myself.