The Legend: Chapter 3 - The dream girl

Link’s P.O.V

“Link!” A voice shouted. “Hmmmm 5 more minutes…” I said sleepily. Suddenly an alarming weight awoke me from my sleep. “Gah!” I shouted as I saw three children surrounding my bed. One with shaggy brown hair that was adorned with a rad sash that stood at the end of my bed, Talo. Another with short blonde hair an big brown eyes who sat on the corner of the mattress, Colin. The last one sat proudly on my chest waving around a wooden toy sword, Malo. ”Come on Link you said you would play with us today!” He shouted. I laid my head back down and closed my eyes hoping they would just leave so I could return to my slumber. “Oi! He is just as old and grumpy as Rusl, always too tired to play.” Talo said with a huff as he headed to the door. His words hurt, Link was fairly young and had plenty of energy he was just exhausted from the lack of sleep he had been having lately. A vision of a woman filled his dreams and always left him in stupor from her beauty. She had long chestnut colored hair that was adorned with various jewels and ribbons. Her lightly flushed cheeks quickened the pace of his heart, and her white smile left him in a fantasy world. “This girl…” My thoughts echoed. “Who is she?”  I asked myself. “Link you can’t be that tired.” Colin’s voice squeaked. I opened my eyes to see all three boys staring at me with puppy dog eyes pleading me to play with them. “Alright I’ll be out in a few minutes.” I huffed. The trio smile's widened as I gave them their wish. They scurried out the door so I could change and prepare for the day. I slipped on a white cotton shirt and a pair of brown pants. I rolled them up half way up my calf so they wouldn’t get muddy if I trailed through the creek, which was more than likely going to happen if my day was going to be spent with the young trio. I left my tree house a slid down the latter. The boys were wrestling with one another on the ground when I approached them. “Link where’s your horse?” Malo asked as is face was being pressed into the dirt by Talo. I turned to the small wooden peg that was used to tie up my horse, Epona. She wasn’t there, the rope that tied her looked cut. I clenched my fists and burrowed my brows in worry. “Ilia took her to the spring to clean her up.” Colin informed me. “She did?” I asked in an angry voice. I turned to storm off to find her when suddenly the image of the girl in my dreams flashed in my mind. I stood frozen as her visage stained my sight. Her smile widened and a quiet giggle escaped her lips. She reached out to me and I reached back. “What is he doing?” asked Malo as I reached out for nothing. Suddenly a shadow appeared behind her and pulled a curved sword to her neck. The dream girl’s smile faded and turned into an expression of fear. “Help!” She screamed. Never before has she talked to me in my dreams or visions. “Wait! Don’t hurt her!” I shouted. Flames surrounded both the dream girl and the mysterious shadow that endangered her. Then both were gone as fast as they came. “No wait!” I shouted as I fell to my knees. “What just happened?” I asked out loud.