The Legend: Chapter 46- Goddess of Courage

Link’s P.O.V

There was nothing but darkness, just a large black void. There was no light, nothing was recognizable. I seemed alone, which frightened me. “Link!” A faint voice called. “Hello?” I called in response. “Over here!” The voice called again except this time it seemed louder, and much closer. Though I couldn’t see anything I began moving in the direction towards the familiar voice. “Uh Hello?” I called once more. “Right here young Hero.” The voice directed. Suddenly a bright light shone through the vast nothingness. I lifted up my hands to block out the blinding light but eventually brought them down to gaze up the being standing before me. The vivid light began to configure into a more identifiable stature. Before me stood a young woman, she was stunning, with piercing green eyes and fair porcelain skin. In a way she resembled Zelda, besides the eyes and the glowing aura surrounding her. She wore a tight fitting green dress that flared out around her hips, which were adorned with a loose leather belt. I stared in awe at her until her words interrupted my thoughts. “Hello Link.” She greeted cheerfully. I didn’t respond right away which caused the woman to giggle at my awful conduct but thankfully I saved myself by giving her a slight wave. “Don’t be nervous Hero.” She laughed. “I am the Goddess of Courage, or per say your patron Goddess.” She explained. I gaped at her as I took in what she just told me. “You mean….” I trailed. “Yes you are the chosen Hero Link; there is no longer room for doubt.” She finished for me. “But I…..I’m just a ranch hand.” I sighed. Suddenly she strode towards me and gripped my shoulders. “You aren’t just a ranch hand Link; you are a barer of the Triforce. You are your Princess’ chosen Hero, and you are the only one who can stop the coming evil.” She explained. “But the question is ‘are you willing to take up the task?’” The Goddess asked as she stepped away from me. “It is a great responsibility, and only one with great Courage can uphold this task.” She added subtly. “And what will happen if I do not except this task?” I asked her in hopes that nothing bad will happen. “Hyrule will be consumed in darkness. Light will no longer exist and all of my children of the land will eventually die out.” She answered. “How do you know this?” I questioned. “I have foreseen it, as have I foreseen what will happen if you do take up this task.” She explained. “What will happen if I take this task on?” I asked. “I…I cannot tell you.” She answered. “I don’t like the sound of that.” I laughed uneasily. She placed her hand on my cheek and stroked it lovingly. “My child, you second guess you strength. You bare the Triforce of Courage you are capable of anything. You mustn’t fear of failure.” She consulted. I nodded in acceptance at her words. “I can’t fail her again.” I cried. “And you won’t Link, Zelda believes in you.” She stated. The deity embraced me gently and kissed my brow. “Will Zelda be alright in either future you see?” I asked her.  The Goddess wore a sadden expression. “Please I need to know!” I exclaimed. “I cannot tell you more than I already have.” She stated with defiance. “Please I can’t fail her, she is above everything else.” I tried. The Goddess began to walk father away from me taking the light with her, slowly leaving me in the darkness again. “Wait!” I shouted as I tried to follow her but something kept me from doing so. “If you do not take up the task then Zelda will surely perish.” She stated as she suddenly began to fade. I exhaled the breath I had been holding in relief. “But heed this Link if you do take up this task a great sacrifice will have to be made, Goodbye for now Hero. Be strong and have Courage.” She bid as she left, taking the light with her.