The Legend: Chapter 62- Nabooru and The Great Escape

Link’s P.O.V

Epona carried me all the way across the dessert without faltering. The night was cold and sharp, but thankfully that was our only trouble so far. No Gerudos had appeared yet thankfully. I didn’t have time to fight an army. Zelda had been locked away for long enough and it was time for her to return to me. After many hours of the night I finally reached the Gerudo hideout. It was a low structure. I figured that more of it was likely built underground to prevent suspicion. I could see Gerudos circling the outside wall with spears and archers perched higher up in makeshift watch towers. Every way in deemed impossible to enter without getting caught. “Steady girl.” I cooed as I quickly dismounted Epona and sent her away out of sight. I thankfully managed to find a hooded cape within my saddle bag. With that on I blended it much more to the landscape. My hood was up which in turn hid my features from pretty much anyone. Carefully I snuck towards an entrance. There was only one guard on watch at this post. Silently I took him out and entered through the door. Inside there were multiple tunnels and rooms that lead to even more rooms and tunnels. The place itself was quiet which kept me on edge. “Nabooru! Fetch the Princess and bring her to the main hall.” A voice down the hall shouted. My ears perked at the very mention of Zelda. “Yes sir.” Nabooru stated. Luckily I remained hidden as the two Gerudos conversed. After they left I followed this so called Nabooru into a darkened room. As I entered the room there was no sign of Nabooru anywhere. “What? But there are no other doors besides the one I came through.” I thought to myself. Suddenly a figure emerged from the shadows. I instantly unsheathed my sword and armed myself. The figure was silent until it stepped into the light. It was a Gerudo woman dressed in red cloth and golden armor. In her hands she carried duel Gerudo swords, and over her face a red veil hid her features. “Are you the one they call Link?” She questioned. “Yes.” I answered. She looked me up and down before putting away her swords. “I’m guessing you’re here for Zelda?” She inquired. I nodded my head yes but still did not put away my sword. “Relax kid; I’m not like the other Gerudos. Zelda is being held in the dungeons, which is ridiculously guarded right now. There’s no way you can get to her with dying.” She explained. “I don’t care! She’s been in there long enough!” I exclaimed. “Keep your voice down! The other guards might here you.” She scorned. The Gerudo woman rolled her eyes and stepped closer to me. “Listen Ganon is on his way here to take her back to Hyrule Castle. You need to get Zelda out of here by the time he gets here. You can’t get into the dungeon, but I can.” Nabooru explained. “How?” I asked. “I know you were following me earlier so you probably heard the bit about me being told to bring Zelda to the main hall. I can go into the dungeon get the Princess and rendezvous with you before Ganon even crosses the Gerudo Desert.” She explained. “How can I know that I can trust you?” I questioned. Nabooru practically groaned at me. “Look we don’t have time for this. Do you see anymore Gerudo women around Link?” She asked. I nodded my head no to answer her question. “Right, that’s because there aren’t many. We were all in charge of this Province until Ganon came in and tried to kill us off in order to become a member on the Hylian court, which was my job. Ganon doesn’t know that there is still a few of us in hiding. Trust me I want him out of the way as much as you do. “She revealed. “ Alright, you don’t like him either. But where are we going to rendezvous without being caught?” I asked. “I’ll show you.” Nabooru stated as she grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the room and back into the hall. Quickly we ran through the tunnel and into the next one. “See that door?” She asked as she pointed at it. “Yeah.” I responded. “Go through that door and take out the guards inside. Once they are taken care of wait there. I will return with Zelda as quickly as I can.” Nabooru stated as she left. I was putting a large amount of faith into a complete stranger. I barely knew this lady and I was letting her go to Zelda. But if what she said was true then Ganon is on his way to take Zelda away. She would be even harder to get to, and all hope would be lost. I dodged those horrible thoughts and busted through the door that Nabooru instructed me to go through. As I did numerous guards saw me and instantly attacked. Using my sword and shield I stabbed, dodged, and rolled to evade most of their attempts to kill me. Even though I was clearly a better sword man than most of them, they were bigger and stronger. It was becoming more and more difficult to fight them off as more of them closed in. I was backed into a corner and quickly came to realize I was in trouble. Steadily I held the Master Sword. Gripping it tightly I took one long swipe of my word which in turn fired a blast of power from the weapon. A blue light blasted outwards and knocked all of the Gerudos off of their feet. “Whoa! I did not know you could do that!” I chuckled as I talked to my sword. The blade gleamed in response before I sheathed it. All of the guards had been taken care of but I assumed more was currently on the way. So I bided my time until Nabooru returned with Zelda.