The Legend:Chapter 54- Death Mountain earns it's name

Link’s P.O.V

“For Zelda!” I shouted as I charged the dragon. It quickly dove into the lava and disappeared. When it rose from the hot lava the beast let all of his rage out. Fire rained on top of me. I raised my shield in attempt to save myself from any intense burns. But the strength of the fire was too intense I faltered and staggered backwards with the shield in hand. Fire licked my skin and grazed my sword. The Master Sword shined with a heavenly light as the fire forged the blade. The sword reacted almost as if the fire had made it stronger. The small jewel on the handle of the blade twinkled and pulsed as the dragon pulled back. I could feel the pure power that I now possessed through the Master Sword. I picked myself up and stood tall as the dragon stared at me as if he was surprised that I was still alive. “What? Are you surprised that I’m not nice and extra crispy? Don’t worry so am I.” I joked. “Link.” A delicate voice called from within the Master Sword. “Yes?” I inquired as I stared at the sword in awe. “Point your blade skyward to receive the power of the Goddesses.” The blade instructed. I did as instructed and watched as a heavenly light poured in from the opening of the volcano and bathed the blade in raw power. After the light disappeared I faced the dragon once more. “Let’s finish this.” I stated sternly. The dragon roared in agreement just before he cocked back his head and let out another breath of heavy fire. Instead of using my shield to block this heavy blow I used my sword. As the fire hit the blade it glowed with the bright light once more. Once the dragon seized his fire I swung my sword towards him. The Master Sword had soaked up the raw power from the Dragon’s fire and fired it back at him. The blast from the Master Sword sent the beast hurling backwards into the lava. It roared in pain and thrashed violently causing lava to splash over the sides of the platform that I was standing on. The lava splashed my leg and burned through my pant leg. I shouted out in pain as the lava burned through my skin. Just as I fought through the pain, the dragon came back for round two. The dragon was genuinely pissed now. He wore a long, deep gash across his serpent like neck. “One more hit in that same spot and his head will most likely be severed.” I thought to myself.  But the dragon had learned from his past mistake and wasn’t planning breathing fire anytime soon. So he snapped his enormous jaws at me and clawed at the unstable platform that I was standing on. More lava splashed over the edge as the dragon pushed down on it with his tail. The platform was starting to sink under the new weight which only meant I had limited time now. I rolled forward and swung upwards near the same gash where I had hit the beast just before. As my sword cut through the dragon’s rough hide blood poured down on top of me. But it wasn’t like regular blood it was green, and slick. The dragon roared in pain as he attempted to shake me off, which only caused the blade to cut further through its neck. With one last final thrash my blade cut all the way through and severed the dragon’s head from its shoulders. It’s limp body fell into the lava and disappeared. The dragon’s head landed on top of the platform which in turn caused it to tip. “Uh-oh.” I groaned as my balance began to falter. The platform tipped over along with the dragon’s severed head. Just as I was about to fall into the burning lava I jumped towards the ledge where the tunnel opening was. I managed to pull myself up just as the lava swallowed the platform. I composed myself and let out a deep breath in thankfulness. “Are you kidding me!” I exclaimed as I turned to see that the lava was still rising. It began to fill the tunnel, which only left me with one last choice: RUN. I began running through the tunnel as the lava quickly filled the tunnel behind me. I ran and ran until I reached the tunnel where this little adventure began. But it was far too high for me to reach. “Help!” I shouted upwards. “Come on.” I swore as I bent down and picked up a lava rock and threw it towards the small opening on the ceiling. Just as the lava began pouring down the tunnel that I was trapped in the hatch opened and a rope fell down. I grabbed it and tugged it to indicate whoever was above that I was attached. I was pulled up through the hatch and entered the room where the chief of the Gorons had lead Zelda and I. When I emerged from the hatch I met with familiar faces. “Lady Impa?” I questioned as I saw her form pull me out of the hole. “Hey, kid are you alright?” A deeper voice asked as I was laid out onto the floor. “I think so…” I trailed. Suddenly my vision began to blur and the pain in my shoulder pulsed. I turned my head lazily to see it was the older Goron who had taken Zelda. “Zelda….Is…she...safe?” I struggled. “Yes, thanks to you.” Lady Impa chuckled. She placed her hands on either side of my face and kissed my forehead lightly. She pulled back quickly and turned to the Goron in the room. “He’s burning up!” She exclaimed. I felt her cool, wrinkly hands against my fore head and cringed. “Well he did just come out of an erupting volcano.” The Goron chuckled. “No! He’s warm! As if he has a fever!” She shouted. “Quickly! We must take him to the village! Lady Impa instructed. I felt my body being lifted from the ground and carried out. Just as we left the room I blacked out and darkness swallowed me.