The Legend: Chapter 60- Zora's Domain

Link’s P.O.V

I swam for what seemed like hours. It wasn’t until we reached the front gates of Zora’s Domain did I finally relax. “We’re here Link!” Navi shouted as she flew around the sign that stated ‘Zora’s Domain’ in Hylian. “Thank the Goddesses! I don’t think I could have stayed afloat for much longer.” I groaned as I walked onto the bank and back on land. My clothing and chainmail was completely soaked which didn’t bother me too much since it was particularly hot today in the late afternoon. “There’s no time to rest Blondie! Zelda needs us!” Navi scolded. The annoying little fairy was right of course, so I gathered my bearings and moved the only way I could; forward. We walked into a rather darkened place where bridges crossed over one another and water drained freely. Navi took the lead as we walked on until we found a bridge the lead straight into a waterfall. “Are we lost?!” I exclaimed in frustration. “No! Look Link! Look beneath your feet!” Navi demanded. I looked downward only to the mark of the Royal Family; The Triforce. “We’re here! Zora’s Domain is just through that water fall.” Navi informed me. “Are you sure?” I asked. “Absolutely! I’ve gone through there loads of time with your past counterpart!” Navi exclaimed before she charged through the pouring water of the waterfall. “Navi wait!” I shouted but it was too late the tiny ecstatic fairy was gone. “Navi?” I called out. There was no response. Dread filled me and I had felt like I had let not just Zelda down but Navi too. “I’ve let yet another person out of my sight! Blast it!” I shouted in anger. “Correction! I am a fairy, not a person!” Navi shouted. Relief washed over me at the sight of her. “Now enough dilly dally! C’mon!” She demanded. I followed her through the water fall and into a darkened cave. The cave wasn’t like the tunnels that traveled through Death Mountain. Those tunnels were hot and dry while these path ways were damp and dark. The rock was tinted almost like crystals unlike the red lava rocks that carved through the mountain. The cave was lit with torches and a clear path winded down the tunnel. “This way!” Navi instructed. I followed her out to find that she lead me directly into the heart of Zora’s Domain, the throne room. Zora guards took notice to us instantly and surrounded us. I lifted my hands in surrender, and tried to ease their minds. “I’m not here to fight. I was the one who set you all free from Ganon’s ice prison remember?” I tried. “ Sir Link?!” A familiar voice called from behind the mass amount of guards who had surrounded me. Suddenly the guards made a path to reveal that it was the prince. “Prince Ralis I need to speak to you.” I stated firmly. “As I with you.” He replied as he indicated me to follow him. Prince Ralis led us up a short flight of stairs that were carved out of rock and into a room. The door to the room was large and beautifully decorated. Pearls and shells adorned the sides and glass shaped the frame. It glinted and shimmered as the guards opened it for us, and assured us inside. Once we stepped inside the Navi flew off instantly towards a new figure. “Rutella!” Navi shouted as she flew at this unfamiliar Zora woman. She was quite beautiful for a Zora. Her features were a lot more humane than any other Zora I had seen. Her eyes were sea green and her jaw and chin were sharp. On her head she wore a crown of shells, while her body was covered in what looked like a seaweed dress. “Hello Navi! It’s been too long!” Rutella exclaimed as she held out her hand for Navi to perch on. “I know sorry for not visiting but I’ve got a lot of problems to attend you see, I’m very busy.” Navi explained as she sat on Rutella’s hand. I cleared my throat softly to interrupt the conversation lightly. Both Navi and Rutella turned to me. “Mother this is Link. Link this is my mother, Queen Rutella of the Zoras.” Prince Ralis introduced. “You’re Majesty.” I greeted with a slight bow. “Now there will be no doing that, this is a casual meeting. Relax, I’m not that uptight.” Rutella laughed. “He was the one who rescued us from the ice Ganon trapped us within.” Ralis explained to his mother. “Then we are greatly in your debt Link.” Rutella stated. “It was no problem. But I do think there is something you can help me with.” I explained trying my best not to sound demanding. The truth is that I was becoming agitated. I was worried for Zelda, and I couldn’t relax until she was safe and back to me. “Name it.” Rutella replied. “Princess Zelda was kidnapped by Gerudos. They took her by boat and passed this way. I need to know which way they may have taken her. “I explained. Queen Rutella’s eyes widened in horror as I explained. “The Princess has been kidnapped?!” She exclaimed. “Yes, and I need to save her as soon as I can. Can you help me?” I asked. “Apsoltuely! If Ganon gets his hands on her all hope is lost. We must retrieve her as soon as possible. Ralis go and see if any of the patrol guards have heard or seen anything.” She instructed. Ralis nodded his head in affirmation and left the room. “News from Lady Impa states that the battle between us and Ganondorf’s armies will commence by the end of this week. I thought you would have liked to know.” Rutella stated. “So you will fight with us?” I inquired. “Of course! The Zoras will fight alongside you but Zelda and you must be the ones to defeat Ganondorf, because no one else can.” Rutella explained. “What?” I slipped out. “Both Zelda and you hold a piece of the Triforce do you not?” She inquired. “I do.” I answered. “Then you and her will be the only ones who will be able to strip Ganondorf from his piece of the Triforce, and end this war.”Rutella explained. “How?” I asked. “In order to take one of the barrer’s Triforce the barrer must perish. You two must kill Ganon. It is the only way to insure peace.” Rutella explained. “That explains why Ganon wants Zelda captured so badly.” I stated. Rutella perked and grabbed me by my shoulders to insure that she had me full attention. “Does Ganon know of your existence?” Rutella asked. I nodded my head no to answer her question. “Then the legend is true!” She exclaimed. “I’m sorry but what legend?” I asked. Rutella sighed impatiently and took a seat in one of the many chairs in the room. “There is a this story of a Princess and her champion, both wielding a piece of the Triforce. But a villain rises also wielding a piece. Together the Princess and the champion defeat the villain and bring light to the land.” She summed up. “Why do I feel like you are skipping some parts?” I inquired. “Oh I only skipped the parts of when the princess and her champion fall in love and get married.” She teased. I was honestly surprised by the Queen’s crudeness. “It’s true! Blondie over here has a major crush on the Princess! Why else would he risk his life for her?” Navi interjected. “Navi be quiet.” I insisted. “You can’t tell me what to do!” She shouted as she flew at me. “Navi quit it!” I begged as she kicked my head and pounded her tiny fists against my face. “You’re highness?” A guard called from the doorway. “Yes? Did you find anything?” Rutella asked from her seat. “Two patrol guards saw a small boat with the Princess aboard it Milady.” The guard answered.

“Where?!” Navi and I asked at the same time. “Just off Lake Hylia and past the river leading into Gerudo valley.” The guard finished. “They’re taking her to the Gerudo fortress in the desert. The quickest way to there is through our underground waterways.” Prince Ralis explained. “Alright let’s go then!” I exclaimed. Queen Rutella quickly stood up and stopped me in my tracks. “Not so fast Link, the underground waterways are under water. You’ll need this.” She explained as she handed me a new item. It was small and oval shaped. It was a light shade of blue that glimmered when light reflected off of it, and was small enough to be easily lost. Luckily there was a thin chain attached to it, in which I tied around my neck for safe keeping. “Keep it safe, without it you will drown.” She explained. “What is it?” I asked. “It is a Zora scale. It has magical properties that can let a being such as you breathe under water for a certain amount of time.” Rutella explained. “How long?” Navi questioned as she flew over and stared at the scale. “You have at least an hour to travel through the underground waterways, any longer and your air supply will run out and you will drown.” Queen Rutella warned.