The Legend: Chapter 14 - Explanations

Link’s P.O.V

The light from our Triforces became blinding causing me to squint my eyes in order to see. “The Triforce is strongest when all the pieces are brought together.” Zelda explained. Zelda suddenly smiled. “Link do you know what this means?!” she asked me. I nodded my head no. Zelda opened her mouth to explain when suddenly shouts echoed through the garden. “Zelda darling where have you gone off to?!” a voice shouted. Zelda seemed to recognize the voice because of the look on her face changed dramatically. “Quickly Link put your gauntlet on.” She whispered. I did as I was told and slipped it back on. I stood up and dusted the dirt off of my pants. “Zelda what’s going on? Who is coming?” I asked. Suddenly a woman appeared. She had her hair tightly pulled back in a bun and a single braid hung by the side of her ear. This woman wore blue armor and had gauzes wrapped around her fists. “Oh Impa it’s you!” Zelda said. “I heard what happened Zelda are you alright?” Impa asked Zelda. I looked at Zelda hoping she would enlighten me on what happened but she just nodded her head no. “Ganon is using me to get the throne and Father doesn’t see the evil in him.” Zelda said. “I know Zelda.” Impa snapped causing Zelda to become silent. Zelda bowed her head and stared at the ground. “Zelda I sensed a spike in the Triforce, almost as if a piece was conjoined.” Impa stated. Zelda’s head snapped up and her eyes were suddenly on mine. Zelda stepped towards me and placed her hand on my shoulder. With her other hand she pulled off my gauntlet. The light from my Triforce was visible again and everything seemed to stop. “That mark child.” Impa gasped. “A second piece of the Triforce has been found.” Zelda stated with a soft smile as she held my hand with the mark. “Zelda does the boy understand what must happen?” Impa asked. Zelda’s beautiful smile disappeared as she nodded her head no. I gripped her hand tighter as I feared for the worst. “Link you mustn’t tell anyone of our Triforce it is to be kept a secret. "Do you understand?” Zelda asked. “Yes I understand, but why must it be a secret Princess?” I asked. Zelda opened her mouth to explain but was interrupted by Lady Impa. “Because boy there is dark beings everywhere who want to destroy the sacred power or to use it for their own evil intentions, if the Triforce was every completed by the hands of evil….” Lady Impa suddenly stopped. “Someone’s coming quickly boy you must hide. “ Lady Impa ordered me. Zelda released my hand and slipped my gauntlet on my hand once more. “Meet me by the fountain in the rose garden in an hour Link.” Zelda whispered in my ear as she hugged me goodbye. I nodded my head as I quickly climbed up the tree and jumped over the stone wall.