The Legend: Chapter 36 - Hostage

Link's P.O.V

“No!” I exclaimed as I saw two Gerudos making their way towards Zelda. I roughly shoved the Gerudo I was fighting in hopes that I got cut him down quickly. The guard faltered slightly as he tried to maintain his balance. I swung my sword at his legs. The attack cut through his flesh meaning he could most likely no longer stand. But I took precautions as I performed an ending blow. “Link!” Zelda screamed from on top of the hill. She was maintaining her composure as she rapidly fired arrows at the men coming towards her. But because of her situation her aim was off, I could see her hands shaking. “I’m coming Zelda!” I exclaimed as I quickly ran to the top of the hill. Once I made it to the top one of the Gerudos already made it to her. He had a curved sword against her throat. She was panting as she tried not to lean against the blade. “Zelda….” I breathed. Her eyes met mine briefly as she eyed the other guard beside her. He aimed Zelda’s bow at me, his eyes narrowed as he pulled back the arrow. “Link.” She managed to get out as she struggled against her captor’s grip. The blade briefly pressed against her skin causing it to open it up. Blood trickled down her neck, staining her shirt. She flinched in pain. “What are you waiting for kill him!?” Her captor exclaimed. The other Gerudo released the arrow, but before it could hit me I raised my shield.  The arrow bounced off of my shield and landed on the ground.  I did the same thing as he continued to fire at me. I managed to get closer and closer with each arrow he fired until I was close enough to attack. I slammed my shield against his form causing him to fall over from the force. I then cleanly jabbed my sword downward ending his life quickly. I picked up the bow from the ground and loaded and arrow. “Stop right there! One more move and she dies!” The Gerudo shouted. Zelda remained still as the guard pressed the knife harder against her skin. She twitched slightly as more blood began to flow from her wound. I tried to aim the arrow at her captor but he used Zelda as a shield. “Let her go!” I demanded. “Why so you can just kill me? I’m not dumb boy!” He exclaimed. He began to walk slowly backwards but Zelda refused to budge. “Move wench!” The Gerudo commanded. “No.” She gasped out. He took his left hand and gripped the back of her head. He tugged on her hair roughly as he steadied the knife against her throat. “Cooperate and I won’t kill you.” He murmured as he yanked her hair harder. Zelda let out a loud cry as he pulled her hair.  He let go of her hair and gripped her chin. She took that opportunity to attack him. Zelda bit down on his hand causing his grip to loosen. She managed to break free from his arms and fall forward. I quickly released the arrow I had already aimed. It whistled through the air and pierced the Gerudo in the chest. He let out a groan of pain before falling over next to the other Gerudo I had just killed. Zelda was kneeling on the ground with her hand pressed against her neck. She was bleeding out, badly and I had to act quickly. “Zelda!” I exclaimed as I ran to her. I gently moved away her hand to examine the wound on her neck. It was a deep cut, and her blood was running out of the cut rapidly. “Link…” She croaked out. “Shh don’t talk.” I stated as I pressed my hand against her wound in attempt to stop the blood from escaping from her body. Zelda seemed really shaken, her pupils were dilated, and her skin was paler than usual. “She’s dying.” I thought to myself. I cradled her body against mine as I placed my other hand over the wound. “Don’t worry Zelda; everything is going to be okay.” I cooed. She managed a soft smile before closing her eyes. “Zelda? Zelda stay with me…..Zelda?!” I shouted. She remained unresponsive as I shouted.