The Legend: Chapter 53- For Zelda

Link’s P.O.V

“Wait for me.” I begged. “Go.” Zelda stated firmly. I nodded my head in affirmation and smiled at Zelda. I turned my back to her and walked back towards the entrance of the tunnel where we had just came from. Even though I left Zelda without a fight, I was constantly worrying about her safety. As I went deeper into the tunnel I could hear shouting and see a light at the end of the tunnel. Quickly I unsheathed my blade and prepared for battle. A new wave of Gerudo warriors flooded the tunnel and charged me. The mass of enemies was intense, just when I thought I was about to be overwhelmed I remembered the gift I had received from the Great Fairy. Quickly I pulled out the gift from my adventure pouch and threw it to the ground. Almost instantly a ring of fire surrounded me and expanded throughout the tunnel. The Gerudo warriors who didn’t collapse from the blast went for me immediately. No words were exchanged between the enemy and me, only the exchange of battle. Eventually I beat them but it was to no avail for more Gerudos came. This went on forever, my body began to ache and my stamina was becoming limited. “I have to push on….For Zelda.” I told myself as I marched back up the tunnel. I finally reached the fork in the path and found the alternate path that Zelda had informed me about. But of course I had to run into another problem: more Gerudos. “Just great.” I huffed. Another wave came but after this one I was so winded. “Come on Link, you have to go on.” I told myself as I fell to my knees in attempt to catch my breath. I leaned on my sword and pushed down on it to help myself up off of the ground. I took a deep breath and charged as battle met with me once more. I fought through the wave of Gerudos and finally reached the end of the tunnel. There was a unlocked door that the Gerudos most likely have been using, in order to travel through the volcano without burning up. As I opened up the door a new room came into view. It was large in height and width. I looked up to see an opening in the ceiling. “It’s the opening of the volcano.” I told myself as I stared at the blue sky above me. I took a step forward to see that I was standing on a thin ledge that led nowhere. I was too high to jump from this platform to the next, but my keen eyes sought out another alternative. “Help!” A deep voice exclaimed from below. I glanced to my right to see four figures stranded on a slab of rock in the middle of what seemed like a lava sea. I looked closer and made out three Gorons, one was much larger than the other two. The figure in his arms did not look like one of them though. “Zelda?” I inquired. “Zelda!” I shouted this time. She was limp in the arms of the largest Goron. “Hey! Over here!” The Goron holding her shouted as he waved at me. I lifted my arm to wave back but a sudden sharp pain hit me preventing me to do so. I let out a small cry of pain and pressed my hand on my shoulder. When my hand touched my shoulder I felt something protruding out of it. “Oh no.” I groaned as my hand gripped whatever it was that had managed to pierce my shoulder. I yanked on it sharply which in turn hurt even more. I brought the object that had pierced me to view. It was an arrow. “When did I get hit?” I asked myself as I tossed the broken arrow into the lava. Strangely I wasn’t bleeding out from the wound, but I wasn’t one to argue these things with fate, plus Zelda’s safety was more important. “I’m coming! Just hang on!” I shouted to the Gorons. It seemed that the lava inside the volcano was rising higher and higher, almost as if it was going to erupt. “If the volcano is to erupt then Kakariko village is doomed.” I thought to myself. Sweat dripped into my eyes which slightly blurred my vision. I rubbed my eyes violently in attempt to see. It was so hot inside the volcano no wonder Zelda was unconscious. Only Gorons could survive in this extreme temperature. “Now the only question is how long before both Zelda and I die from heat exhaustion?” I asked myself. The lava finally was level with the platform I was standing on. “Hurry! Jump!” I shouted as the slab of rock they were standing on crashed into the platform. The larger Goron tossed Zelda to me with ease. I caught her bridal style and then gently laid her on the platform. Next he tossed me both of the Goron children who were surprisingly much heavier than Zelda all together. I collapsed under their weight but caught them none the less. All who was left was the older Goron, but he hesitated to jump onto the platform. “What are you doing?! Jump!” I shouted. “No! Someone has to defeat the dragon!” He shouted back. “Dragon?!” I inquired. Suddenly the volcano began to rumble and shake. “We have to hurry! The volcano is going to erupt!” I tried. “Death Mountain has never erupted! It’’s the-“ The older Goron tried to explain but a loud roar interrupted him. Suddenly a large head rose out of the lava. It had golden scales and a red trimmed spin and matching tail. It’s teeth seemed sharper than any sword, it’s talons resembled spears, but worst his eyes were piercing. They seemed cold enough to freeze a man in place. “Dragon.” I finished for him. “I’ll take care of the dragon. Take Zelda and the kids back through the tunnels, then bring Zelda to Lady Impa immediately. She requires medical attention.” I ordered. The older Goron stepped onto the platform and slapped me on the back roughly. “Ah so you’re the hero our young Queen has chosen to save us. I must say she’s done well.” He laughed as he scooped Zelda up. The two Goron children waved quickly as they disappeared within the tunnel with Zelda and the older Goron.  I turned with my sword in hand to see the dragon waiting patiently. I stepped to the right and his head followed me. I stepped to the left and he did it again. “Do I amuse you?” I asked the Dragon. The beast didn’t respond. I pulled my shield off of my back and clipped it onto my right arm. “For Zelda.” I thought to myself. “For Zelda!” I shouted this time as I charged the dragon.