The Legend : Chapter 58- An Unlikely Duo

Link’s P.O.V

“Link! Link wake up!” a voice shouted. I stirred in my sleep and groaned out loud as I realized someone was trying to wake me up. I opened my eyes and found myself still in bed. “Link?” the voice called. I turned on my side to reveal that it was Ronin. His whole form seemed panic stricken. “What is it?” I asked. He fidgeted with his hands constantly as he tried to explain to me what was wrong. “Well you see after you guys kicked me out of the room to go find Zelda…”He trailed. I sat up and swung my legs over the edge of the bed to get dressed. “You seem better.” Ronin added. “Yeah no thanks to your sister and your Mother, now continue. Did you find Zelda? I need to apologize to her.” I stated as I pulled a white cotton shirt over my head. “Yeah well she wandered all the way to the river by Death Mountain where we found the Zoras.” He explained. “And?” I questioned. “When I got there she was being dragged onto a boat by Gerudos, they’ve taken her Link.” He explained. “What?!” I shouted. “When I got there, it was already too late, she was too far down the river.” Ronin tried. Dread washed over me. The future Queen of Hyrule was now in the hands of the enemy, and it was my entire fault. “Damn it Link!” I cursed to myself. “I have to find her.” I stated as I quickly finished getting dressed. “She’s probably halfway past Zora’s Domain by now!” Ronin exclaimed. “So? It doesn’t matter how far away she is. I will save her. It is my duty as her chosen hero, and as her friend.” I explained. Ronin handed me my sword and shield as I struggled with my boots. “Just her friend?” Ronin teased. “Yes, just her friend.” I snapped. “Whatever you say Mr.Hero.” Ronin laughed. “Tell your Mother and Sister that I am highly indebted to them.” I stated. “Of course.” Ronin commented. “Thank you, tell Impa to have the rebel army ready for our return. I feel once we get back Ganon will be right behind us.” I explained. “Right! Okay I’ll tell her, safe travels Link.” Ronin bided as he shook my hand. “See you soon, Ronin.” I stated as I left the room and left him behind. Once I was heavily equipped I left the village and headed towards the river where Zelda was last seen. I reached the river only to see that there were clearly signs of struggle. The soft soil beside the bank hand foot prints and markings dug into the sand by movement. “She must have fought them.” I thought to myself as I bent down and picked up a handful of the soil. “Well, well, well, if it isn’t Blondie!” Navi shouted as she appeared beside me. “Hello again!” She greeted. “Oh no.” I groaned. The blue fairy flew a few circles around my head before purposely ramming herself against my cheek which in turn caused me to fall over into the river. “Hey! What was that for?!” I shouted from the river. Thankfully I knew how to swim, so I paddled to the bank and attempted to get the water out of my boots. “That was for the rude greeting! Here I was just flying by when I saw you moping about. When I thought, Hey! I’ll just stop by and brighten his day. But all I got in return for my kindness was a snarky tone!” She vented. “Alright, alright, I’m sorry.” I apologized. “You are?” She questioned. “Yes, I’m sorry for being rude Navi.” I stated. The fairy flew towards me and decided to take a perch on my shoulder. “Alright apology accepted. So what adventure are you up to now?” She asked. “It’s more like a rescue mission than an adventure.” I stated. “Oh! Who are we rescuing?!” Navi exclaimed. “No, no, no, WE are not rescuing anybody, I am.” I explained. “Oh come on! We both know you would be lost without me!” Navi shouted. “That is so not true!” I retorted. “Yes it is! Without me you would have never found your precious little sword!” Navi exclaimed. “You know what? I don’t have time for this! I need to find Zelda.” I explained. “Oh so it’s Princess Zelda we’re saving?!” Navi asked. “Yes.” I sighed with impatience. “Well if that is the case, then you definitely need my help.” Navi scoffed as she pulled on my pointed ear. “Hey! Cut that out!” I begged. “So you managed to lose your true love just like that huh?” She teased. “No! She was kidnapped! Stop trying to make this seem like a joke! Zelda is in trouble and it’s my fault. I need to save her before something horrible happens to her! I could never live with myself if Zelda got hurt. Please we don’t have time for this.” I begged. Navi remained silent for the first time since I had met her. “Alright, then what are we waiting for?! Let’s go save the Princess!” She shouted. She flew off of my shoulder and hovered in the air while she crossed her arms at me. “Do you have any leads to where she might have been taken?” She asked. “No, but from what I know of Hyrule this stream leads to Zora’s Domain from here right?” I asked. “Yep! It leads straight to it!” Navi answered. “THe Gerudos traveled by boat down this river, so they must have passed a few Zora’s through there. One of them must have seen Zelda. Maybe they caught where they were headed to?” I inquired. “Alright well let’s head that way then!” Navi exclaimed. “How?” I questioned. Navi quickly dashed over my head and then towards the river. “Well you can swim right?” She chuckled. “I was worried you were going to ask that.” I groaned as I tightened my holster that held my sword and shield. “Well get swimming then! I’ll fly beside you, don’t worry I’m not going anywhere while the princess’ life is on the line.” She exclaimed. I jumped into the river and tried to steady myself against the current. Once I was positioned I began paddling towards Zora’s Domain with Navi flying overhead.