The Legend:Chapter 31- The 1st Test

Zelda's P.O.V

As Link followed me inside the door shut behind us leaving us in darkness besides the small light from the lantern. We walked down the stairs for what seemed like hours until we reach a large corridor. Inside the corridor stained glass windows adorned the walls and tattered banners hung from the open spaces on the wall. The ground was flooded with water at least knee high, and the light coming through the stained glass windows gave us enough light to see. “What is this place?” Link asked as he wandered a bit ahead. “I’m not sure.” I answered. At the opposite end of the corridor was a stone altar with inscriptions carved all over it. I walked over to it and ran my fingers over it. I looked at the inscriptions and tried to make them out. They were written in old Hylian. “The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days." I read out loud.  “What was that Zelda?” Link called from the other end of the room. “Nothing Link.” I answered. “Why does this sound familiar?” I asked myself. Suddenly my Triforce began to glow. “Zelda?!”Link shouted.  I turned to him to see his Triforce was also glowing. ”Link?!” I called out to him. Suddenly the corridor began to shake, and the large door behind me suddenly burst open revealing a huge Gohoma. “Zelda run!” I heard Link shout but my legs would budge I was frozen with fear. This Gohoma wasn’t like regular Gohomas it was ten times larger and ten times more horrific. Its millions of eyes stared at me and it’s fangs dripped with venom. My heart was pounding frantically and my body was shaking in fear. “Zelda what are you doing?!” Link shouted. Suddenly the Gohoma shot off towards Link completely ignoring me. “Phew.” I thought to myself. “No wait this is bad, it’s gone after Link now!” I yelled inside my head. I looked over at the battle between the Gohoma and Link. Link dodged and rolled evading the beast’s attacks.