The Legend: Chapter 11 - Speechless

Zelda’s P.O.V

I looked at Link with disbelief. “What do you not believe me?” He asked. I’ve been called beautiful many times by suitors, by citizens, even my own Father, but it seemed so different to hear him say it. I stayed silent. “I’ll take that as a No.” He said as his hand slid from my cheek to the ends of my hair. “Thank you for the compliment.” I managed to get out. “Anytime.” He said with a smile. “What is wrong with me, he keeps making me speechless?” I asked myself. I stood up and bowed slowly. “Thank you for everything Link.” I said. “Are you leaving already?” He asked. He seemed sad and disappointed when he asked me that. “No one knows I left the castle, I plan to keep it that way.” I explained.  “You snuck out?” He asked.” Yeah.” I said plainly. “I don’t get out a lot.” I stated. “How about I show you around, me and you can go out tonight?” Link asked. “I don’t know tonight is the beginning of the Light Festival and my birthday is tomorrow.” I tried.  “Oh come on just for a little while.” He begged. “I’ll have you back before they even notice you’re gone.” Link promised. “I don’t think so, I should get going.” I said with a bow. “Thank you Link.” I whispered as I pecked his cheek lightly. His cheeks suddenly reddened and a goofy grin was painted on his face. “ Anytime Zel!” He shouted as I reached the other end of the alley way.