Chapter 1

Carolina's POV

February

Positive. Please be positive.

I closed my eyes again not wanting to look at the pregnancy test.

“What does it say?” I hear Nick ask from the door

“I don’t know, you look”

Keeping my eyes shut I feel Nick come to my side. He doesn’t say a word and lets out a deep sigh.

“Negative”

“Again” I whisper

“Hey” he says hugging me “don’t worry-“

“I’m sorry”

“Shh. We’re okay like this. Now smile, you don’t want anybody to see you cry”

Nick gives me a sweet kiss and I smile up at him. 

"Yeah.. I know." I laugh a little "Let's go everyone must be looking for us."

Today was Genesis' twenty sixth birthday and it seemed only right that all of us friends get together like we used to. I can't remember the last time all five of us girlfriends got together... it's probably been months; everyone was busy living their married lives. As I walked outside to the giant tent, colorful chairs and rugs set up for the Moroccan party I smiled seeing Laura chase after her son Gabriel who was playing with Estefania's not much older son Luca; those two boys were the best of friends.

Estefania and Taylor got married a year after she gave birth to their son and don't have plans for any more kids since Taylor is still very busy acting, un-like Cameron and Laura who along with Gabriel also have a green eyed daughter named Natalia who is six months old I believe. Cameron is a teacher and Allstar Weekend is no more which Laura hasn't gotten use to but loves since he can stay home with the family more. I expected my sister to have a family of her own by now since she's been married almost as long as I have but her and Joe have always been difficult. 

"Hey Luca" I smiled to the boy running up to me

"Aunty Caroline" the tan boy smiled at me hugging my legs

"It's Carolina Luca!" Nani laughed as her and Taylor walked up to us.

Taylor picked his son up from the ground and placed him over his shoulders.

"He looks so much like you Taylor" I smile at him 

"Hey!" Nani complain

"It's true!" Nick laughs

"Is everyone here?" I ask

"Yeah, well except Valerie and Zach. No surprise there."

"Mhhh"

I felt like Valerie and Zach were the people we saw the least. Ever since Cameron and Laura got married, Valerie decided to move out of the home they all moved into when they first moved to California; Genesis being out of the house as well factored in. Zach offered Valerie that they move in together soon after and since then they live in a trendy apartment by Long Beach. We are all waiting for the day they decide to get married.

"She's here!" Laura says with Natalia in her arms

We all follow her gaze and see Zach and Valerie waving at us walking onto the lawn. Everyone says their hello's and we all go sit under the tent with the birthday girl. 

"Thank you all for coming, I could cry." my sister said looking at us all

"No thank you" Cameron smiles "It's nice to get out of the house"