Chapter 16

Laura's POV 

It's been three days since the incident at the club. Three days and still no sign of Genesis meeting us all here. Everyone tries to act like nothing is happening but we all know things are not getting better. 

I'm sitting pool side with Cameron; soaking up the sun, when Carolina comes up to me running.

"Laura!" she yells 

"What?" I laugh seeing her almost trip

Then she started slapping my arm and I returned the gesture.

"Guess who has a concert tonight in Honolulu?"

"Who?"

"Chiquito!!"

"Chiquito?" Cameron asks from his chair

"Haha, Hunter Hayes babe" I answer

"Oh"

"Yeah and guess who has tickets?"

"You?"

"Mhh" she nods "For all of us"

"All of us?"

Again she nods.

"Oh god"

"C'mon. I'm sure everyone can put their troubles aside to go to this concert"

I look over at Cameron who was listening in to the conversation.

"Worth a shot" he smiles

***

Country.. 

Shit. I don't have one thing suitable for this concert.

"Babe!" Cameron yells for the millionth time

"Camm don't start, you know I take forever"

"Carolina called you twice already" he says leaning on the door frame

"Ugh" 

I get a look at him from the mirror and my mouth drops. Why did I marry such a flawless man? His eyes never looked away from mine as I checked him out in the grey button up and blue jeans.

"No cowboy boots?" I finally say

"Nope"

"What a shame" I say turning around

I walk past him and put on my sandals settling for the pair of shorts and white lace top. 

"Why?" Cameron finally asks

"You know what they say.. save a horse, ride a cowboy" 

I finish putting on my last sandal and feel Cameron's arms wrap around my waist as he full me to his chest. 

"You wanna ride me?" he laughs

I bite my lip and nod. A smile forms on his perfect lips before his they land on mine. My hand start to move to the buttons of his shirt as his kisses grow more urgent but the excitement was short lived when there's a knock at our door.

"LAURA"

"Time to go" Cameron winks

Both of us straighten our shirts before opening the door to see Carolina and Nick  dressed in a matching blue color.

"Cute" I say

"Oh thanks" she smiles "It's Hunter's favorite color"

I see Nick shake his head.

"Once a fangirl..." Cameron says

"Always a fangirl" Nick laughs

I couldn't help but laugh at that and Caro walks off offended but Nick quickly catches up to her. Cameron and I follow them out towards the lobby where everyone was already outside and packing into a white van.  Being that we were the last ones in we got stuck in the front which gave me a chance to notice how far away from each other Valerie and Zach sat from each other.