Chapter 5

Cameron's POV

It was about to be two in the morning when the Jonas family got into town from Dallas; cue for all of us to leave. I called my dad to check up on the kids and he said he'd be more than happy to watch them over night.

"Thanks so much dad"

"Anytime"

"I'll pick them up tomorrow morning"

"or afternoon, no rush son. we have extra clothes for Gabe and Nati here"

"Alright.. talk to you soon"

"Mhh. Hope your friend is doing better tomorrow."

"Me too" I sigh "Bye Dad"

I hung up quickly focusing on the road again. I wonder how Laura would feel not having the kids for the night...

The house was lit up when I pulled into the driveway and I opened the door I was surprised to not see Laura waiting for me at the entrance. A few steps away in the living room I found her sprawled across the couch sound asleep.

'Babe" I smile shaking her shoulder

"Five more minutes" she mumbles

"Natalia said her first word!"

"WHAT"

I couldn't help but laugh at her shocked eyes staring right at me.

"Kidding" I chuckled

"Cameron! you jerk" she said slapping my arm "where is my baby girl anyways?"

"Still at my dads with Gabe."

"Oh?"

"Yeah my dad said he'll take care of them tonight"

Laura looks like shes about to say something but doesn't and lays her head back down on the couch.

"You okay love?" I ask

"Yeah. Your dad watching the kids tonight is actually perfect." she sighs "such a tough night"

"I know but Joe will be alright"

"I just can't imagine being in Genesis's position"

"You can very well provide for the family"

"Not even"

"It could of happened to anyone" I remind her

Laura's eyes fly open and she sits up pulling me close to her.

"No no no, I need you here with me. Seeing you on a bed alive yet lifeless would drive me crazy."

I hug her closer surprised at her words.

"Now you know how Genesis feels."

"Cameron how is she going to survive this?" she begins to cry

"There's miracles everyday" I say wiping away her tears "c'mon"

I get up from the couch and grab her hand.

"Wanna do something fun?" I smile at her

"Are we thinking the same thing?" she asks

"Sleep!" We say together

We may sound lame but these days we got zero to no sleep with two toddlers around. So a million thanks to my dad for tonights much needed rest.

---

Estefania's POV

"You look tired" Taylor says wrapping his arm around me

"I am. Luca wouldn't fall asleep last night"

"He felt you get home last night"

"I know, my fault" I yawn

It's the day after Joe's accident and here I am back at the hospital. Genesis is in Joe's room at the moment and I still haven't found the courage to go in there to see him.

"He just looks asleep" Taylor says

"Yeah but I can't see him like that, especially with his family around. I'd cry Taylor"

"Yes, I know. " he kisses my forehead "Well it looks like your friends are here"

Taylor stands up and waves at Valerie and Laura before bending down to give me a kiss.

"I'll call you for lunch?"

"Sure doll" he smiles

He walks away and soon the girls sit at either side of me.

"How is he today?" Laura asks

"The same"

"How's Gen?" Val asks

"She looks lifeless.. like him" I look down

We don't say anything and a silence falls around us for a while. There was nothing any of us could do except be with Genesis when ever she got out of Joe's room to eat or just walk around.

A few minutes pass by and Genesis emerges from the room, phone in hand looking around. I ponder the thought of who she was looking for until I see a blonde boy come up to her and hug her close.

"Isn't that.." I gasp

"Niall' Laura finishes

"What is he doing here?" Val whispers

"I don't know but look at them" I say low

Trying to not be obvious we all look over at the direction where Genesis and Niall stood. They were both standing very close to each other and it almost looked like Gen was smiling for the first time since she got here as he spoke.

"Where are they going?!" Laura says standing up

I see them both walk closely together and Gen looks back to notice us but doesn't even stop to explain anything.

"What the-" I say

"Let's follow them" Val suggests

"No"

"C'mon" Laura says excited

"No I rather hear if Valerie has actually talked to Dylan again" I smirk

"What" Valerie laughs "too soon"

"So you planning to talk to him?"

"Who wouldn't?" Laura smiled

"Guys lets say I do call or text this Dylan guy, what are the odds that he'll reply?"

"Idk he looked smitten with you" I add

"NOPE"

There's loud claps against the floor and right away we all knew Carolina was walking down the hall and towards us with Nick at her side. Nick waves over at us and walks straight into Joe's room wanting to see his brother.

"Hey guys" Caro says in almost a whisper

"Sleep much?" I ask

"Not really"

"Neither have we" Laura confesses

"Thanks for being here guys. I don't know if Genesis has told you anything but it means a lot to her that you're here when she's with Joe all the time"

"Except now" Val mumbles

"What?"

"Umm Genesis stepped out of the room a couple of minutes ago and she err she-"

"She what Estefania?"

"She was with Niall"

Carolina clenches her fist at her sides before walking away "You've got to be fucking kidding me!"

Well I guess she wasn't happy about Genesis receiving that visitor.