Chapter 14

Genesis's POV 

*Knock knock*

"They are here" I smile

"Go get the door i'll be out in a bit" Niall yells from the bathroom

I let out a laugh. Not even on the day his friends decide to finally visit us is the blond boy ready. I pick up my cardigan from the bed and pull it on quickly as I head to the door. It took me a few seconds to realize who was actually knocking once I had already opened the door.

 "HEY.. Caroline? Wha-a-t are you doing..." 

"Questions later, may I come in?"

"Su-su-re"

What the hell was she doing here? How did she find Niall and I? My heart began to beat quickly and I turned back to look if Niall had stepped out of the room, he didnt so I decided to move to the side to let my sister walk in.

"Nice place" she comments

We stand face to face in the hall.

"It's home" I shurg

"No, your home is back in America"

"Please dont"

"I came all the way here for this, to knock some sense into you"

She had to be kidding me. I rolled my eyes and walked past her not needing to tell her to follow behind me as I walked into the living area.

"There's nothing left to say now"

"Give it up. This fantasy has been well played but its time for you to return to Joe's side" 

I go ahead an sit down on the couch closest to the window. 

"You're wasting your time"

"Maybe I am but, please know that even after everything thats happened Joe will still take you back"

"What"

"Yeah I dont know he really loves you Gen and after everything that you've done to him he's willing to forgive you"

"So Joe's okay?"

"Yes.. wait. You didnt know Joe woke up from his coma? I sent called you, text you-"

My heart drops. No way.

"N-n-iall insisted I get a new phone and I'm not allowed to read the tabloids... Oh my god is he okay?"

"He's fine, just got back to walking but the doctors dont recommend he do anything too life threatening. You know how Joe is."

I find myself laughing a bit; Joe was always trying to break the rules.

"Did he come?" I asked in a whisper

"No... he wanted to but I dont think he should see you. Not know"

"Oh"

"I was thinking you could meet him at the retreat with everyone, its going to be so fun-"

"Retreat?"

"Yeah. Umm we are going to Hawaii as couples and-"

"I'm not going with Joe"

"But-"

"I'm with Niall and now that I know Joe's awake he can sign our divorce papers"

My sister looks at me blankly before grabbing a bottle of water that was in the purse she carried.

"Water?" I ask. She takes a sip of it not answering. "Since when do you drink it?"

"I have to now.. now that im pregnant" she stands