Chapter 23

Joe's POV

What was I doing here? I should just waited for my party to see her but there was no denying that Genesis looked beautiful today. In her simple yellow dress, nobody compared in beauty or style.  I couldn't stop my self from starring at her from the moment she arrived, and how could I not stare when she looked back at me also? I guess Frankie was right and we were both ready to leave everything behind us to be together again; things would work out. 

It wasn't till people started to sing 'Happy Birthday' that I looked away from my wife's gaze.

"Ahh" Carolina yelled next to me

"Are you okay?" I say catching her before she falls

"My stomach, it hurts so bad" she began to cry 

I looked around the room trying to find Nick but I couldn't see him anywhere.

"Joe my baby!" she yelled "Nick!"

Genesis was then at our side along with all their friends and I had no idea what to do so I picked Carolina up in my arms and headed over to my car as fast as I could.

"Someone tell Nick i'm headed to the hospital!"

I was just about to set Carolina down into my front seat when Genesis came over with Nick by her side.

"What happened?!" he asks looking at his wife

"It's happening Nick. I can feel my baby moving"

"B-but it's too soon"

"I know" she cried

There was no time for this conversation so I went ahead and just sat Carolina down in the backseat with Nick while Gen rode in the front with me. I can only imagine how worried everyone back in the party might be so I turn to look at Gen as I drove to tell her to text about what was going on.

"It's going to be okay" She whispers 

I turn to look at the couple in the backseat on the verge of loosing it and I only drive faster hoping to get to the hospital before anything bad happens. Just as we arrive to the hospital I park in a turn around and help Nick carry Carolina up to the ER.

With no time to even process what was happening they take her away in a wheel chair leaving us to wait for further news.

"They all said they would come down here in a bit" Genesis said "Our friends are worried"

"She cant be having contractions" Nick says frustrated "She's only five months along"

"Don't worry bro, she's going to be fine"

"How could you be sure?" he says putting his face in his hands "right when everything was finally normal for us.. this happens"

What seems like hours pass by and soon our giant group of friends show up in the ER with worried faces and kids in arms.  

"How is she?" Valerie asks

"We don't know yet" Gen answers

Almost on cue a nurse comes into the scene and looks around at our large group confused before coming up to us.

"Umm, who's the husband?" she looks at her clip board "Carolina Jonas, is asking for her husband"

"That's me" Nick says standing from his seat "Is she okay, how's our baby"

"She's just fine. Didn't go into labor, her and the doctor would like a word."

Nick looks over at me hopefully and I nod at him watching as he walked away with the nurse.