Chapter 6

Niall's POV

Maybe this was a sign. Maybe we needed to stop.

It's too late now. The feelings that I felt for Genesis weren't gonna go away.

"You aren't going" I hear Liam say

"You can't stop me"

It had taken all of me to not be at Genesis's side the day of the accident, he wasn't going to stop me from seeing her today.

"You're only going to hurt her more"

"Liam I know what i'm doing!" I yell "I care about her and need to be with her"

"Her husband is in a coma Niall, you are disrespecting his family"

"How?"

"You're kidding right?"

"I really don't have time for this"

I get up from the couch and pass by the lads who could only stare at me as I walked out the door.

---

Okay maybe I should of been more careful getting out of the hotel but it was too late now. Nobody knew I was on my way to the hospital but thanks to the media coverage I knew exactly where to go. I had to admit I was nervous.

"I need to see you" I text her

"I can't right now" she replied

"But i'm here..."

I'm walking through the hospital hallways hoping I was in the correct wing. Then I heard a door open right in front of me and with her phone in her hand she looks around before I embrace her in a hug.

"Niall" she sighs

"Hey"

"I needed you here"

"I'm here now" she pulls away slightly and smiles at me "c'mon"

We both walk ahead and she turns around to see something; must be as paranoid as I am. A few steps from Joe's room we found ourselves in a chapel of sorts. The room wasn't huge but big enough for us to sit a good distance from the other person in the room.

I felt Gen grab my hand sitting as close as possible to me on the wooden bench. I watched her close her eyes.

"Am I a bad person?" she asked

"No"

"You're just saying that because you-"

"I love you yes"

"Don't"

"Don't what?"

"Tell me you love me Niall, you don't"

"But I do"

I see her open her eyes again to look at me, confusion written all over her face. The person who had once been in the room was gone so I took the opportunity to sneak a kiss.

"I can't love you" she cried

"Why? Things shouldn't be this hard!"

"Look at where we are and what's happened Niall. It's got to be for a reason"

"I thought the same thing but we can't stop this now"

"What are we going to do?"

"Wait" I tell her

"I don't know how long Joe will be like this and you're leaving in a couple of days..."

"Listen, don't worry about me.. this" I squeeze her hand ".. us, can wait; I've always waited for you"