Chapter 7

sorry for the lack of update on thursday but work and such is getting in the way but anyways here ya go lovelies :)

~~~

Michael's POV

"Hey, i'm here"

"Cool. I'm right outside" Zach says

I hang up the phone and grab my suitcase as I walk through the busy airport. Finally I was back home in California! After hearing about what happened to Joe, I tried my best to come back to America to be with my friends. My trip around the world would have to be put on hold.

Right outside of the airport I see Zach leaning against the hood of his car. 

"Hey man" he smiles coming over to hug me

"Zach. How you been?"

"Fine, stressed but hey i've seen the pictures your posting!"

"Oh yeah.. so many beautiful places out there"

Zach grabs my suitcases and puts them in the trunk as I go ahead and sit in the passenger seat. We drive off and I had no idea where we were headed; it's been a while since I've been here.

"Is Joe any better?" I ask

"No idea, we only visited him once"

"Oh and how long has he been like this?"

"Two weeks tomorrow"

"Dang"

"I know"

"Wait isn't today Laura's birthday?" I remembered

"Shit" he laughs "It is"

"I'm guessing we won't be celebrating..." 

"Probably not, wouldn't seem right"

"Yup"

Soon enough I notice us driving into a hospital parking lot.

"Everyone is here" Zach says getting out of the parked car.

A lot was running though my head right now, like who would be here and if everyone was still the same even after being married and having kids. Zach still hasn't married Valerie and he seems different for some reason.

"Is everything okay with you and Val?" I ask in the elevator

"Things have been off between us, it's like we've both fallen into this routine and I can feel us getting annoyed with eachother" he pauses " but we still live together so..."

"So yall did move in together?"

"Yep, it's been like two years"

DING

"Well I know you guys love eachother so don't worry about this" I tell him

We start walking again down a hall until we reach a waiting area; everyone was here.

"Mikey!" Carolina smiles over at me "you got here right on time"

"I did?" I smile at her

"Yes!" We were just about to sing Happy Birthday to Laura but not too loud okay guys?"

She intertwines her arm between mine holding me close as we walk over to stand with the couples. We all start to sing to Laura as Cameron holds a chocolate cupcake with a single purple candle on it. Laura was smiling as she held a baby girl in her arms; must be Natalia. Clapping followed but was kept at a minimum.

"Michael!" Cameron smiled as he handed Laura her cupcake "missed you brother"

"Missed you too man" I say giving him a hug "This your girl?" I wave at the little girl in Laura's arms