Chapter 12: Abduction

I woke up to a crashing noise. Ava stood, wide eyed, pointing at the woods. Her mouth was open, as if she was about to yell.

"Ava?" I yelled, frantically. She looked frozen, and didn't respond to my yell. I walked towards her nervously, the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end. Something about the way Ava was standing just didn't look right.

I poked her arm, drawing my hand back quickly after touching her. She was cold. What the heck?

I looked around, and saw a brief movement of a leaf. I crouched nervously, on my toes, scared that something was going to jump out at me. I continued shaking Ava, not looking at her, my eyes flicking over the trees. I had learned from Ava not to train my eyes on one spot when looking for something, because you can easily miss something else, and your eyes can unfocus without you noticing.

Then, I heard a noise. I turned my head automatically, and from another direction I heard the twang of a bowstring.

I turned that way, and my eyes opened wide when an arrow thucked solidly into my neck.

I'm dying, I thought, amazed, after all of this work, I'm dying.

Then, black filled my vision, and I sunk into sleep

-----------------

When I woke up I turned to see if Ava was awake, but Ava wasn't there. Then I remembered. Instinctively, I felt my neck where the arrow had punctured me. There was no wound. I narrowed my eyes disbelievingly.

I looked around discreetly. I was outside, in a camp. It looked like about thirty people were camping here. Tents were set up. I was laying outside one of the biggest tents. I could see where they had had a fire, possibly the night before. I moved my hand to touch the ashes. They were still warm. I stirred them around, taking comfort in the warmth and the sight of some form of fire.

I looked up, startled, when the flap of the tent closest to me opened.

"Ah, you're awake. Finally! We were getting worried!" Said a distinctly male voice. However, I saw no man. "Oh, I'm sorry. We haven't met! I'm Immanuel. Commander to you."

The voice was still seemingly coming from thin air.

"Where are you?" I asked, forgetting to adress the man as commander. Maybe it wasn't even a man, for all I knew.

"I'm right here. I won't take my spell off in your prescence, for security reasons. This is a sheild that doubles as an invisibility spell." He replied cheerfully.

I must of looked confused, because he clarified.

"You are extremely dangerous, and considered by some to be mentally unstable. I wouldn't risk myself just so you could see me."

"Oh, okay," I said, slightly irritated, "What do you want and why am I here?"

"Ah, that isn't for me to tell you alone. A meeting is scheduled for nine this morning. It's eight now. You have half an hour to ready yourself, and then I will fetch you for the meeting. My wife will make you look presentable," said Immanuel, "here she is now!"

His wife walked out of the tent.

"I'll take her," she said flatly.

With that I was handed over to Immanuels wife, and taken into the tent to be made presentable.

--------------------

This chapter is longer, so I hope you enjoyed it! Tell me what you think!