Chapter Eight

As they were kissing, Chesmyne came back to her senses and pushed Trent over.

“Why? What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I- I’m sorry… We’re both drunk and we shouldn’t be doing this.” She said as she sat up on the bed and looked on the floor.

“You know, I can’t understand why are you so afraid to let go.” He said. “Chesmyne, all I said back there were true. I love you. I don’t know why or how, it just came over me like---.”

“Like magic.” She finished for him.

“Yes. And I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you.” He said.

“You know…” she said as she let out a desperate chuckle. “You’re already drunk, Trent. Go to your room.”

“When you said that you love me too… Did you really mean it?” He asked and she fell silent. “I knew it.” He said. “I guess I fell for the wrong girl again.” Then he stood up and turned around and started to walk out of her room.

“But I love you too, Trent.” She said.

He faced her, “Say what?” he said.

“I said I love you too.” She responded. “And I mean it, Trent. I was just afraid to tell you because I thought you’re just joking about it. I didn’t know it was true until I saw it in your eyes that you really mean it.”

Trent ran up to her and hugged her tight.
“Now, take a shower. You smell like liquor.” She said. They both laughed and he kissed her on the lips then he went back to his own room with a smile on his face.

**

Tomorrow morning, Chesmyne went into Trent’s room.

“Wake up sleepy head!” she shouted as she opened up the blinds in his room.

“Aw… Ches…” he grumbled then slammed his face back down on his pillow.”

“Wake up.” She said sweetly as she poked his cheek.

“No…” he said. “I’ve got a headache.”

“So am I but I’m trying to fight it by being happy and crazy! Now, get up there you lazy ass!” she said as she slapped his nice bum then she filled him with kisses on his cheek. “Why the hell won’t you get up?”

Trent pulled her closer to him and gave her a kiss.

**

“I’m home.” Zach said.

“Oh… Hey Zach.” Julian greeted him as he picked up the bottles.

“Did you guys have drinking spree last night?” he asked Julian.

“How did you know about that?” Julian asked in return.

“Well… Judging from these empty bottles of beer around you, and that stinky smell of liquor, I conclude that you guys had drinking spree last night.” Zach said while smiling.

“Hey Zach.” Jayden greeted.

“Hey Jaydo, enjoyed last night?” Zach said.

“Yeah. Pretty much.” He answered.

“Did you know that Jayden was the first one to get drunk last night?” William said cheekily.

“I was not!” Jayden pouted.