Chapter Nine

Chesmyne nodded slowly then she cleared her throat, “You know, as far as I know, the word ‘Bella’ is an Italian word and it means ‘Beautiful’.” She said, trying to remove the awkward atmosphere between the two of them.

“I don’t care, babe. And as far as I know, you’re not my foreign language teacher so shut the fuck up, ‘kay?” Bella said in return.

Chesmyne’s really getting pissed at her and she knew that Bella is just provoking her so she tried to calm down for Trent’s sake. “Well, I just want to say that your name suits you. Too bad that you’re a bitch that’s why it never really showed how beautiful you are.” She said to Bella while smiling at her. Meanwhile, Bella was shocked and pissed.

“I am not a bitch. I just don’t like you.” Bella said to her.

“Why? Because I’m Trent’s new girlfriend?” Chesmyne snapped back at her and Bella fell silent because she knew to herself that it was true.

“Bella, you don’t have the right to be mad at me because I didn’t steal him away from you.” She added. “I didn’t.”

After a long day of rehearsing for their live tour, they went home already at six-thirty p.m.

“Oh god, I’m freakin’ tired.” Julian said as he slumped down on the couch.

“Who wants delivery Chinese food?” William asked.

“Me.” The other four guys answered in unison.

“Sweet.” He said as he walked out of the door to call their favourite Chinese restaurant on his phone.

“Hey, are you alright?” Trent asked her while they were cuddling each other on the floor.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Chesmyne replied.

“No, seriously Ches. What’s wrong?” he asked her again.

“Bella doesn’t like me…” she answered. Trent pulled her even closer to him.

“And there’s more…” she said as she looked at him in the eye. Trent could see fear and doubt in those brown eyes of hers. “She said that I shouldn’t trust you too much… That you’ll just make me cry.”

“Chesmyne, I would never ever make you cry so don’t worry, okay?” he said to her. “I could never do that to you.” He held her chin up then caressed her right cheek.

“Trent, do you really love me?” Chesmyne asked him.

“Of course I do.” Trent replied. “Bella may be my past but you are my present and my future. So you don’t have anything to worry about.” And she knew that he was telling the truth because she can see sincerity in his eyes.

“I love you.” He said then he kissed her on the lips.

“Oh get a room!” Julian said as he stood up then Trent threw a pillow to him while they were laughing.

He turned back to her and gave her a quick kiss then she rubbed her nose against his nose and said, “I love you too.”

**

That next Monday morning, Trent drove her to school.

“I guess I’ll see you later.” She said.

“Yeah. I’ll pick you up at three o’ five p.m.?” he said.

“Yep. Three o’ five p.m.” she said, then she went out of the car. Trent went out too.

“Hey, you forgot something!” he said to her.