Chapter Thirteen

It really makes me happy when I see that some readers are really into my book. Brought me to tears!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mom, are you sure that Chloe doesn’t need any of these anymore?” Chesmyne asked as she looked at the clothes that were neatly folded on her bed. They looked beautiful and expensive compared to what she wears every day.

“Nah… She doesn’t need them anymore. And besides, she always changes her wardrobe every fortnight.” Sarah said. “Oh, and by the way, your father just came back from his business trip. He doesn’t know that you’re coming, which is good because I wanted to surprise him.”

“It’s Sunday today. Where’s everybody?” Chesmyne asked.

“Your dad’s at work, in the company, I mean. Chloe’s at her volleyball practice today and Clark’s helping on their school newspaper.” Sarah replied to her. “I’ll leave you now so you can get changed.” Then she left.

Chesmyne looked around her new room. The walls were painted in baby pink colour. She has a dressing table, which is near to her own study table. On top of her study table were a complete set of stationery products. She opened her closet and was surprised to find many different clothes. After that, she opened a drawer and dozens of shoes arranged from brightest to darkest colours. She sat on her bed and noticed a big difference from it with one that she sleeps on in at her old apartment. It was more comfortable and also bigger and she couldn’t believe that that all she was seeing right now were all hers. In excitement, she changed into a sleeveless top white with gray, yellow, black, blue and orange stripes on it. Then she wore a sexy slimmer denim shorts. Her brown hair and eyes stood out even more and wished that Trent could see how good she looked right now.

She went downstairs and looked at the displayed picture frames of her mother and father together with her siblings. After a minute of looking around the other pictures, she found a grand piano nearby the window and she started playing it. After playing a couple more notes, she started to sing.

Hmmmm……

Reflections of your love

Have come to wither

I thought I'd done my best to memorize

A picture fades of you and I together

I haven't come to terms

With how we said goodbye

Did you really care

Care at all for me

Did you really care

Did you care at all for me

If I'm not quite good enough

Or somehow undeserving of

A mother's love

You could have had the decency

To give me up

Before you gave me life

Don't you even care

Just the slightest little bit for me

Cause I really need to feel you cared

Even once upon a time for me