Chapter Twelve

“How are you?” Sarah asked her as she poured the hot tea in their cups.

She chuckled, “Apparently, I got kicked out from my apartment for being a month delayed in paying the rent.” Chesmyne replied.

“Your apartment? You’re living alone? What about your parents? Where are they?” Sarah asked again.

“They died six years ago, Mrs. McMullen.” She replied to her.

“Call me ‘Mom’. You’re my daughter, after all.” Sarah responded to her. “So where do you live right now?”

“I live in my friend’s house.” Chesmyne said. “I live with my friend.”

“You know, you are always welcome to stay here.” Sarah told her.

“Really? I-I mean… Is it really okay?” Chesmyne said. Sarah just smiled and nodded. In joy, Chesmyne hugged her and said, “Thank you, Mom.”

**

“Do you think she’ll be okay inside?” Jayden asked.

“Well, she’s talking to her real mother. Why wouldn’t she be okay?” Trent said.

“What if her mother doesn’t like her? What if they were having a heated discussion right now?” Jayden asked and they all looked at him.

“Jaydo, stop being such a paranoid.” Zach said. “Can’t you see how happy Sarah was when she saw her?”

“I agree with Zach.” William said. “Stop being such a paranoid.”

“Look, Chesmyne’s out.” Julian said by the window. They saw her skipping back to the car happily.

“Seems like you two had a good talk.” Trent said.

“Yes we did and I’m coming back this Sunday. I would probably be staying with them for a while.” She said.

“That’s good to hear but have you asked her why did she gave you away?” Julian asked and her smile faded, “No.” she said. “We were really having a good time back there then and I was afraid that it might ruin the mood.” Just then Jayden whacked Julian’s head, “You dumbass! You shouldn’t have said that!” he said.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to…” Julian said as he rubbed the back of his head.

After that unforgettable day, the other days just seem to pass quickly. That Saturday night, Julian went into Chesmyne’s room.

“Chesmyne?” Julian called out as he knocked on her door.

“Yeah?” she said as she quickly turned around while she was folding her clothes quickly. “Hey, Julian… Sorry, I’m multi-tasking. What is it?”

“I just want to apologize about what I said this Monday.” Julian said shyly as he put his hands in his pocket. “I really feel stupid.”

“It’s okay Jules. And I should be thanking you because of what you said to me this Monday helped me decide that I should ask her why did she gave me away whether or not it will ruin the mood.” Chesmyne chuckled. “Actually, I’m kinda preoccupied by my thoughts lately. So…”

“I’m really sorry Chesmyne.” Julian said to her.

“It’s okay Julian.” Chesmyne said as she put her clothes in her duffel bag.

“How long are you going to stay there?” he asked.

She sighed, “To be honest, I really don’t know. If they like me, then I would stay there for a while then I would go back here sometime to get my other things and completely move out.” She replied.

“You’ll move out?” he asked as if he was confirming it.

“Yeah… I mean, you guys are superstars and I can’t live with you guys forever. I have to move out sooner or later.”

“We’ll be really sad if you move out, especially ‘Trentos’.” Julian said as he laughed and his eyes got even brighter blue.

“Who the hell is ‘Trentos’?” Chesmyne asked as she laughed.

He laughed even more and said, “It’s Trent! That’s the nickname that I gave him but I think he hates it.” The two of them laughed.

“But you guys don’t need to worry about it. It’s still tentative, okay?” She said. “Okay.” He replied and then they hugged.

**

Sunday morning came and the boys went with her again to Sarah’s house.

“And here we are.” William said as he turned off the engine of his car.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so excited!” Chesmyne said happily. They all went out of the car and Trent helped her with her bags. Then she turned to them, “Thanks guys. You are really my best friends. I will miss you all.” She said.

“We will visit you when we have time.” Jayden assured her.

Then they formed into a group hug. After that, Sarah came out of the gate, greeting them wide a sweet wide smile on her face.

“Mom!” Chesmyne said as she ran towards her and hugged her tight.

“I’m so glad that you made it!” Sarah said to her.

“Mom, I would like you to meet my friends.” Chesmyne said as she pointed to the four guys behind her. “Zach, William, Jayden and Julian. And also my boyfriend, Trent Bell.”

“Hello Mrs. McMullen!” They all greeted her in unison.

“Hi!” she greeted them back. “You know, you guys look familiar to me. Ah! Yes! You guys are part of that hot-ass boy band in the XFactor! The Collective.”

“Uh… Yeah. You’re right. That’s us.” William said shyly.

“Congratulations to all of you, by the way. You guys deserve the popularity that you’re getting right now.” Sarah said. “Let’s get inside to have some tea.”

“Thanks but Ronan texted us and he said that we still have rehearsals.” William said.

“Well, maybe next time then.” She said.

“Yeah.” The five of them answered.

“We’ll see you when we have time.” Zach said as he patted her head. They all waved goodbye at her and went inside the car but Trent went out of the car and hugged her tight.

“I’m gonna miss you.” He said to her.

“Me too.” Chesmyne replied as she pouted.

And as they parted ways, they suddenly felt hollowness inside of them.