Chapter 7: The First Rejection

I wake up abruptly feeling an emmense pain as if hair is being pulled from my skull out.

I scream in agony as I am further pulled of the bed and the warm embrace I was in and then woken up with sharp pointy nails slashing my face.

The slap leaves me shocked and finally I look up to meet Evelyn's fuming green eyes.

"You slut... How dare you try to steal what is mine... You think you can get away with this... Using that old hag as an excuse to get to Adrian... Who knows maybe you left her to starve and di..."

That was enough I could tolerate whatsoever shit she was throwing my way but not what she called my aunt. Quickly getting up and without a second thought I slapped her hard making her face turn to the left and a small cut, thanks to my wedding ring. Hey who knew this could actually come in handy I thought.

"Don't you ever dare talk about my aunt that way ever again... You hear me... I don't care about what complex or issues you have with me.. But note this Evelyn Mundair... One more word from your shitty mouth and I swear I'll make you regret it..."

"Adrian... You heard that... That's what she said to me... Look at what she did to my face... I told you she was despicable..."

I looked up at Adrian I knew he was going to defend her anyhow. Last night was something that happened because I was feeling weak and mourning and he must have felt pity for me thats all. It couldn't be anything more. I tried to assure myself but what he said next left me and Evelyn both still shocked.

"Evelyn... I did see everything... And currently I would suggest you leave immediately..."

"WHAT ?!"

"YOU BI*CH... YOU TRAPPED HIM IN YOUR WEB DIDN'T YO.."

"EVELYN... I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH... I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER... YOU SHOULD LEAVE NOW!!"

She glared at me then with an even angrier look stared at Adrian and then just like that gone.

Adrian turned to me and slowly I cascaded my eyes downwards. I don't know what it was about him but everytime he looked at me that way it made it extremely harder for me to look at him.

As he came closer I tried to back away and soon my back was attached to the wall. He brought his hand up and I closed my eyes for another impact but he slowly placed his hand under my chin lifting my face up so he could look in my saucer big eyes.

Removing his fingers from my chin he moved towards the cheek that his dear mistress had gashed and slowly traced and caressed my cheek. Oh boy I think I am going to die with anxiety. Why the hell is behaving so odd today. Maybe he fell off the bed and hit his head and has forgotton who I am.

"...kay"
My train of thoughts halted when I heard him speak
"Huh... What?"

"Are you always this lost ? I asked if you were ok?"

"Oh I umm... Yes I... Why... I will be ok... I mean I am... Are you... Of course you would be... You didn't get woken up by a witch clawing your face off... Oops... No I didn't mean that... I mean I did... But no offe...mm".

A warm hand was placed on my mouth preventing me from talking, I tried to remove it but he had one firm grip. I glared up at him while he did the same.

"You talk too much... Now take a deep breath... And tell me if your ok..."

Was it just me, or did he really have such a smooth accent. The huskiness in his voice and his deep ocean blue eyes were messing with my nerves. Nodding my head I assured him that I was fine.