Chapter 31: Happy Birthday

His words had stolen my breath, as I looked up in his dreamy, ocean blue eyes. Time had undoubtedly paused, I felt weak yet strong, it was like a raw, soul binding emotion infused with our interlocked gazes, the sensual heaving of our chests, as Adrian's lean fingers traced my moist lips.

"Adrian... wh—" I stop talking immediately, as I feel his soft, supple lips touch the corner of mine.

A gasp escapes my mouth as he smirks, "Told you not to talk..."

"What... you just can't..mmmm". He softly brushes his lips with mine shutting me up as he continues with his soft butterfly kisses, I had missed these lips so much. These soft, supple lips, as they moved towards mine. He looked up at me, as if asking permission, my eyes looked up at him, lust clear in his eyes, he looked down at me, there so many things unclear between us, so many differences, so many misunderstandings but this moment, it felt right. I wanted to nod and tell him yes, to tell him that he can kiss me. That somehow his cold demeanor didn't affect me. That he had every right to hate me.

Just as our lips were about to touch the door bell rang, breaking this moment, this special perfectly imperfect moment.

Adrian got up, as if being knocked out of a spell. He gave me his hand helping me up. But before I could go, he grabbed my hand, pulling me in his arms, whilst capturing mine behind my back, making us closer to each other than ever.

"You are my wife, whether you like it or not, that ring on your finger makes you mine Bella, I didn't defend you for your sake, I have my reasons for what I did, don't get any ideas in that pretty head of yours". He stated looking deep in my eyes,

Letting me go he walked out of the room, leaving me with a mixture of hazy feelings and thumping heart.

~Two Nights later~

Due to a mind-numbing headache, I walk up to to my room, disposing of my jeans and red top. It had been one of those days at the cafe today, the crowd was crazy, the approaching winter was one of the customers favorite seasons, to sip on coffee as well, I guess.
Taking a hot shower, I let my hair lose, wearing a loose rose pink sweater and fawn pants, I lie down in bed for a little nap.

The sound of indefinite buzzing wakes me up, I look at my cell phone. A hundred messages from Andrea and Holder wishing me a happy birthday, and then Andrea planning a girls shopping spree as a gift for me.

I huffed a sigh, to be honest, I didn't feel in a happy mood. Birthdays are supposed to be days filled with happy memories for me they were the worst; you must be wondering why? Well for starters, the fact that just after two days, fate had tumbled my world upside down, as my parents were swallowed up by the sea, secondly why bother I am a 25 year old now why bother over birthdays.

Adrian's words mingled in my mind out of the blue, as if he would even bother asking now when is my birthday, trying to ease my thoughts I decided to go to the rooftop and admire the stars above, like I used to do with my aunt, somehow I felt more lonely today then ever.

I still couldn't believe that in just two months, it would be an entire year since we got married. Well, the weather was gloomy as well, there wasn't a star in sight as dark clouds had covered the night sky like a blanket.

It made me feel even more sad then I was supposed to. An uneasy feeling started to build in the pit of my belly.

Adrian hadn't been home yet, the fear of being watched washed over me, it was best to just get in my room and lock the door behind.

It had started to drizzle and I bet a downpour would be expected soon, so with another sigh I walk back to the door, just as I reach towards the door, someone walks in making me stop in my tracks.