Chapter 46: Deja Vu!

As we park the car outside the beach house I feel a bit jittery. The thought of all that happened and the tremors of the last time I was here make my insides feel numb. Adrian comes to open my door and holds me close.

"It's going to be okay Mia Bella, I promise".

I give him an assuring nod and walk with him. The living room is sparkling clean. No one could have said it had turned into a World War Z massacre a few weeks ago.

Derek walks up to us from Adrian's office. He has a crutch helping him to walk and he looks annoyed with it already.

I smile at him reassuringly and he gives me a nod,

"I reinstalled the security system, and also had a meeting with the team, no such mistake will happen again".

"Make sure it doesn't or I will have your head myself". Adrian huffs.

I poke him with my elbow, poor Derek took a bullet for him.

"What?"

"Be nice".

"But—"

I give him a stern look to which he finally agrees on and Derek snickers and Adrian scowls at him but says nothing.

Helping me up the stairs, I enter our room. Lying down on the bed brings both happy and sad memories. Adrian starts to get up, to which I immediately hold him back.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to talk to Derek, I'll be right back Mia Bella,"

I close my eyes to rest for a while. Everything seems so unreal and real at the same time. The urge freshen up a bit overrides my resolve to stay in bed any longer and I immediately get up and go for a shower.

Although once done I am stuck with no towel! Not this again! I mentally facepalm as the feeling of deja vu hits me, just thinking about the last time I walked out in Adrian's shirt. Before I can call out to Adrian he walks in with a similar grey shirt in hand.

A smile lingers on his face and then his eyes darken seeing my naked body. I try to cover myself with my long hair, but Adrian pulls me closer, caging me between the wall and his arms.

I cascade my eyes downward. A blush creeps up from the back of my neck to my cheeks as I feel Adrian's breath tease the side of my neck.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

"I still can't believe you are in front of me Ailey". I smile and look up at him.

I hold his face in my hands and he closes his eyes while encapsulating his fingers around my wrist. I close the gap between us as I kiss his lips.

The room gets heated as Adrian lifts me in his arms and I wrap my legs around him. Kissing each other with a longing and urgency that we both hadn't felt before. Its not long before I feel the softness of the pillow on my bed that I realize we are in the bed room.
I open my eyes to see Adrian looking down at me with adoration and love. Carefully I bring my hands up to his face and touch the scar on his lips. Taking my hand in his he softly kisses each of my fingers.
It makes me realise more how much I love this man and most importantly how much he loves me. We share a bond so real and beautiful it makes my eyes well up with the beauty of our relationship.