Chapter 38: Wedding Shenanigans

The white lace wedding dress with the pale light blue inner hung beautifully on the manikin. I imagined how life would have been if Adrian and I had actually married each other with the bond that we have today.

The door opened and I turned to look who it was. To say I was in awe was an understatement! Andrea looked gorgeous. She wore a Light Lilac coloured wedding gown  which had a front V neck and off the shoulder sleeves made of lace. Light golden and white net lace wrapped on top of the dress good giving it a shade white pearls. All in all, this wedding dress embodied perfection.

"So what do you think".

"Oh my goodness! Andrea you look gorgeous! Holder is going to be awestruck!"

She smiles a little and nods,

"You think so, well than that does it, I am getting married in this very dress".

"Now time to find, your maid of honour dress".

Laughing we both carry on the hunt for the perfect dress for me.

Going over what felt like a thousand dresses, I finally agreed to buy a pale green backless dress that stopped just above my knees. Matching it with a pair of golden pumps we were good to go.

We stroll along the outskirts of the boutique hunting for a salon to get our hair done. I have the urge to try on something new. My hair has become far to long and is in all forms of tangles. Andrea on the other hand has wavy brunette hair which reaches just below her shoulders.

Walking in the salon, we both start with our mani/pedi and hairstyles. In fact, I decide to try something new. Looking at the hairdressing chart, for the first time in my life I plan on dying my hair and getting some streaks.

Asking the hairdresser to ombré my hair and set it with light curls I feel tad bit excited with the thought of the results.

Sliding down on the chair as she washes my hair, I look up and my heart lodges into my throat. A silhouette of the girl who I once thought was my confidante stands outside the salon. She is wearing a camel skin coloured trench coat with her hair wrapped in a multi-color scarf and her eyes hiding behind luminous shades.

I sit up. A tremor of fear and guilt starts building within me. But before I can actually get the towel off and out of the store, she is gone. I hear Andrea's voice calling from behind, but I ignore it. We can't keep hiding like this. I have had it with these mind games. I rush towards the crowded street, right in the direction where Evelyn was heading.

Finally reaching close enough, I call out to her.

"Evelyn??"

She stops in her tracks, and I move closer.

"I know it's you. I want to know why? What is all this about Evelyn? It has to stop. You wanted to talk, here I am let's talk".

"It's great to see that you are still as naive as you were in the start. You barely understand what is going around you now do you? In fact, here's a little joke for you! Did you know, the reason he married you, or he is being so lovable is because you, you out of all people just hit a jackpot? It's ironic really, the simpleton gets so much and I get pebbles!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh Ailey, it makes hurting you less amusing. Seeing your innocence, really makes me feel pity for you! Just know this, the good don't always stay good and the bad aren't always; well as bad as they seem". She laughs maniacally, and then before I can ask more rushes away in the crowd.