Chapter 36: Healing Scars

~ A few days Later~

Hand in hand Adrian and I take a scroll on the beach, the cool water of the waves nibbling on our feet. Although, I stand here with Adrian, everything should be complete, my heart is in knots for poor Andy. I missed my friends. Adrian had installed cameras and security around the house and the entire area near the beach house. Everyone who had to come in had to pass through an in-depth series of security checks before they reached us, even then, Cade would stand at all times with us to make sure that not even a fly could fly in my direction.

True Adrian was no longer the jerk he once was, things had gotten back to normal, everything was perfect, we would spend a lot of time together, have breakfast together, watch a movie or some show together and then sleep together passionately. But my question was, whether this was even normal, I kept on thinking back to the dullness that had succumbed in my life.

Adrian pinched my arm, pulling me out of my web of thoughts, "What's gotten into you.. You have been silent all morning".

"Nothing, its just I miss my friends, Andy, Holder, and ummm well everybody, and I know this is all for our safety but this, entire FBI security check is a little mind numbing".

Adrian smile faltered, and he sipped his coffee pensively, I on the other hand bit my lip, did I say something wrong. No sooner than later, Adrian got up from his side, and came and sat down beside me, he leaned forward and pushed some hair behind my ear slowly caressing my cheek.

"How about you go to town, for a shopping spree, I already have some catching up to do on work, and then I'll cook you a nice dinner, and then we can enjoy a bubble bath maybe later".

I smiled, getting out of the house was one of the things I was badly meaning to do. I wanted to go without Cade, I hated having him walk around with me where ever I go but at least I was going out that was more than I could account for at the moment. I jumped and gave Adrian a hug as pecked his lips. Rushing towards our room I started preparing for today.

The streets were peaceful and I strolled along whilst Cade walked behind me, I had two bags in the car, I walked into the small boutique on the corner, I decided to buy some sundresses and lingerie, essentials and stuff, that's when I saw her, and my heart started pounding in my throat, Evelyn, her golden hair tied in neat bun, although some of her tendrils fell on her forehead, but before she could turn in my direction, I hid behind the mannequin, and then into the fitting room. I had to get my nerves into control, it could have been just my mind, playing with me, at least that what I would have thought, until, a scribbled note flew in my cubicle leaving me breathless.

"I know you're here.... I just want to talk".

Crumbling the note in my back pocket, I rushed to the counter, paying for the stuff, I ran out never looking back, as fear gripped me from every corner, Cade immediately was by my side, and helped me with the bags, I asked him to ask the chauffeur to bring the car around and we swirled towards our beach house. I tried to calm my heartbeat down as my throat became suddenly felt dry. The minute our halted, I rushed out and towards the main door, I wanted to show this to Adrian to let him know that she was here, she knew, but then I stopped, what if the little freedom, I had gotten today, what if Adrian turns into that overly protective person all over again, we can't keep running, if she wants to just talk, maybe I should for once, be brave enough to fight my own battles, Adrian shouldn't be derailed down with me in this. So heaving a sigh, I walked in, but my nerves were still haywire, the house was extremely quiet.