Chapter 23: Foreign Enemy

The car arrived. It seemed Adrian had made sure that all his employees don't make any mistakes. Delays were not acceptable by The Vittorios, in all my years of knowing them it had never occurred to me that their family had arrived late to any such event.

As we sat in the comfort of the Cadillac,  the green fields passed by us in a flurry gaze, the weather was definitely cold and I wrapped my arms around myself in order to generate some heat. Two warm arms came around me wrapping me in a welcoming cozy embrace. I blushed a shade of pink as I looked up into Adrian's hooded eyes.

"Feeling cold ?"

"A little... " I mumbled, I knew that I shouldn't be too comfortable, it wasn't that I didn't like the V.I.P treatment that I was getting it was just I wasn't able to focus on my task of not trusting Adrian too easily. My heart had been hurt too many times, getting hurt again wasn't something I was going gaga over. Burdened under my thoughts, I fell asleep.
~ My Dream~

"And that is how Mulan regained honor for her family by defeating the army of umm the bad guys..."

"YAYYY!!! Read it again Daddy, read it again..."

"Now Ailey.. its past your  bedtime, and I promised your mom I will take good care of you while she is away, you wouldn't want daddy to get in trouble cause of you right".

The little girl version of me giggled and cuddled to my father using his chest as pillow as he wrapped his arms around me.
In a blink of an eye the scene changed.

There I was, sitting in my neat cotton A-line yellow dress, my hair tied with a satin ribbon, doodling on a paper. My aunt walked in, her face all pale and grave-looking. The six year old version of me started speaking,

"Look auntie, I made a drawing for momma and daddy. I am mulan and this is daddy and thats mommy and thats you over there, and look I even made Mr. Mundair as the bad guy... for asking momma and daddy to go on the ship..."

My eyes grew wide. I knew this day this was the day I learnt my parents had been a victim of the sea storm. It was my sixth birthday. My aunt took hold of my painting and hugged me tightly.

"Auntie why are you crying? Do you miss momma and daddy too? When will they be back? Don't cry they will be here soon daddy promised".

Tears rolled down my cheeks, how horrible was that day. My worst nightmare had come true and it was out of my hands to do anything about it.

The scene changed to my parents funeral, my little version dressed in a black lace dress silently weeping while Mr. Mundair said his part of the speech. As people gathered to walk out after the service I cried, wept but no good came they were gone.
The little version of me sat on the bench and wept. Soon a hand was placed on my arm it was my aunt.

"Come on dear, time to go home, I'll take care of you".
As the little girl walked out with her aunt. Tears that I had been holding started to fall. Now Adrian appeared infront of me.

"I will be here for you Ailey. I will protect you."

Just as I smiled. But as he had held my hand Adrian started disappearing. And just as I ran after him. He was gone and I was again left alone. A little light shone and I quickly reached it, I saw a headstone with the engravings,

Adrian Vittorio age 29
Beloved Son and Loving Husband.

I screamed in horror, two arms started shaking me vigorously, as I woke up to find myself in a terrible state, tears rolling down my cheeks, Adrian held me tightly trying to wake me up, his eyes showing concern and worry.

"Its ok. You were having a bad dream, you will be ok".

I hugged him as I tried to calm my nerves. I had never dreamt about my parents in years. Why was I dreaming about them now and Adrian, that engraving it all had creeped me out like hell. And I wanted to escape all these thoughts immediately.

Once with calmed nerves, I looked around to find ourselves in an elegent room. Pulling away I asked him where we were, he smiled,

"Well you are a dead sleeper, a train can come crashing in here and you would still be sound asleep, so I had to carry you up to our room, this is the hotel we will be staying in for a couple of days".

I rolled my eyes, expect Adrian to not be sarcastic, so what, I was always sleepy during car rides, once I had missed the bus station where I had to get off, because of it.

"What time is it?"

"5 in the evening, and to say the worse another storm is expected tonight".

"Hey I was tired you can't blame me for sleeping, you sir are such a boring partner to drive with".

I replied making a supposedly offended face and poking my tongue out.
Adrian smirked, and walked closer again, damn, it was hard enough to watch Adrian in a casual shirt and straight cotton pants, but watching him walk in dark grey 3 piece suit was making my heart throb. His now newly form five o clock shadow added to the charming individual he really was, just a foot away from the bed he knelt down to meet me eye level, while I blatantly stared at his beautiful pink soft lips.

My heart: Oh just kiss him already Ailey who needs all the logic right now he is just like right infront of you.

My mind: Sure go ahead, make it awkward between you two, what happened to keeping things slow, but you won't listen to me anyway so go ahead.

My Conscience: Oh shut up you both, Ailey is not gonna kiss her fine husband, he is far to good for her!

"Stop it!"

"Pardon?!"

That is when I realized, Adrian was picking up his cell phone from the side table and my inner thoughts had me all jumbled up and did I just tell him to stop out loud, oh my God I am such a freak,

My Conscience: Well, you aren't wrong about that sis!

"Ailey you ok? Why zoning out too much?"

"I uh... Nice suit".

My Sarcastic Conscience: Good job, and I didn't even have to put a thought in your mind, you did this one on your own, good one Ailey, Perfecto!.
Adrian smirked coming closer to my ear, and nuzzling his nose in my jaw,
"Am I making you nervous, Ailey?"

"Umm...."

With a sweet kiss on my cheek he laughed slightly moving away, once reaching the door to the suite,

"Oh I will be back in 2 hours, you wanna go sight seeing then?"

I nodded enthusiastically, smiling and trying to calm my screaming nerves, he winked at me while walking out, while I laid back down closing my eyes a blush on my still warm cheeks and a satisfying smile on my face.

Author's note:

Hey guys!! Long time no see.....
so so sorry for that... kinda got really busy... any way here is another chapter of Adiley.... not as good but I promise they will get better... this one might be blahh but I promise better and good Adiley moments in the future chapters...
till then
Bye
Love
A.A