Chapter 11: The Turn Of Events

Okay so guys here is another chapter. You might find this one a bit boring. Really sorry for that. Its just I am really busy with studies and bear with me please. I promise things are going to get interesting between Adiley.

P.s. if you guys can come up with a better name for Ailey and Adrian lemme know in the comments.

The whole area was scattered with remnants of whatsoever had been coming in my hand. Hiding behind the fridge I made my fort while Adrian held the bowl of the batter in his hand looking for me, his shirt chocolaty and a cherry on his left cheek from where the juice was dripping towards his jaw.

I was in no good shape either. My cheek was still dripping with cream my neck and shirt were all filled with the caramel sauce. As my enemy neared me I tightened my hold on the bowl of flour and got ready, this is definitely payback for the cream, just as he turned I threw all the flour on his face.

The next thing I found was a floury faced Adrian looking at me with a smirk. The bowl still in his hand, oh no; I should've run when I had the chance, but before I could even take a step he poured the entire batter bowl on me.

Time halted and then we both looked at each other and I don't know how it happened but we both bursted out in fits of laughter, it was new, and it was very refreshing.

"Heyyy.... Ailesss... you there WOAHH !?

There came the voice of Holder's girlfriend, who was also my best friend, Andrea. The poor brunette was looking at us with an open mouth and bug eyes.

"umm... oh hi Andrea... how did you get in by the way.. ? "

I asked a little surprised, just as I said it Rina walked in with the grocery bag in hand and a smile on her face which immediately turned into a grimace from the sight of the kitchen and us.

"Good Gracious... what catastrophe happened here ??

"Well... umm... we were cooking breakfast".

We both replied at the same time, then we turned to each other again and then back to the two audience who were still looking at us as if we were the two most weirdest people on this planet.

"I sincerely apologize for the mess, Rina, in fact Ailey here is so regretful over it that she even promises to clean this place on her accord". Adrian said trying to escape from the mess he clearly started.

"WHATT?!!" exclaimed all three of us, Andrea said it out of surprise as most probably Holder would have mentioned Adrian's rueful behavior with her, Rina because she might be surprised that I could cause such mess and I because firstly the a*shole was framing me and secondly I had never seen Adrian so playful and teasing.

After an awkward silence Rina smiled and turned her mama bear look on. Putting both her hands on her hips she gave Adrian a mock glare.

"oh no you don't you are cleaning this place as well as she mister... and don't you look at me like that or else I'll ask Mrs. Vittorio to send me those baby photos of you".

And it was like a bucket of cold water had been thrown over Adrian, he stilled and immediately started helping me clean.

I bit my lip trying to hold in the giggle that was badly trying to escape.

~1 hour later~

Andrea and I sat in my room, having random discussions, but it was clear from her sighs after every discussion that something was wrong.

She kept on staring at her phone as if waiting for a text and I immediately knew the problem. Holder was throwing one of his tantrums again. The ones in which he turns cold as ice. The mega a*shole.

"Andy... What did he do this time ?"

"Oh what ? Who ? Nothing... Why would you say that ?"

"I know you know who I am talking about... Now on with it... What did Holder do?"

After a lot of persistence and arguments Andrea broke down into sobs and I knew that I had best friend to kill.

"I won't tell you Ailey... I am sorry... But time has taught...that even one's own shadow can be decieving and I am... And trust me... I am learning it with me being the example..."

"Andy... What happened... Honey... You know you can trust me... What is it this time..."

"No... Please don't persist on it Ailey... I know you are trying to look out for me... But please let it go... I have already been a disappointment to him... I don't want to be anymore..."

"A DIS- WHAT ?!?"

It took long hours to learn that poor innocent Andrea was being framed.

The poor girl got manipulated and not only by any stranger but one of our close friends, Alex Seranto and Nathan Alvares.

Nathan had accused her while Alex manipulated her into saying the truth and with a little charisma they both were able to frame her just for fun.

Holder was the one who was always insecure in the case of trusting people and his idiotic phenomenon of 'bros over hoes'.

It was making me angry moment by moment learning that he considered poor Andrea a hoe for once and secondly it just took him a minute to believe those two imbeciles who were clearly trying to just create fire among this lovely couple for fun, and also who were well known for mischief in our group.

As I hugged Andrea and consoled her, a knock on the door was heard and soon Adrian entered. I was again left a bit dumbfounded, maybe he truly was going to change for good.

" Ailey ? Can I have a word with you please?"

Nodding my head I got up,

"Yes Adrian".

"Well... I just got a call from my mother... She is organizing a memorial gala for Mrs. Josie next Saturday, so she wanted to know if you could help her".

My eyes bulged out, I would always be indebted to Emma I guess for being so generous. I smiled a big smile and nodded in confirmation and approval.

"I would love to help I am so thankful for this".

He didn't smiled back, just nodded his head and left.

I returned back to Andrea who was lying down on the couch with her eyes closed and cheeks all red and puffy, damn Holder is going to get killed once I get my hands on him.

Once she noticed me, she got up and gave me a cheshire cat grin. Now that's the Andrea I knew.

"So you and Adrian... Finally clicking huh.. ?"

"Well... Not exactly... But umm... I don't know Andrea... Maybe he is just feeling pity on me.."

"Oh please... Ailey the way he was with you when I came in the morning that is definitely something if not..."

Soon Andrea left and I decided to clear my mind from the gazillion thoughts in my mind.

The first one being Adrian's behavior, was he really going to give us a try and be a little civil with me, or was he just putting me up for another fall. Then the thought of my bestfriend who was going through hell because her boyfriend was full of shit and lastly, I had just signed on to an agreement of organizing an entire gala which was in just a week and that too with my mother in law who was well known for being an hard working organizer, as for me this was my first time doing something so big and I felt as if things were definitely going to change for good or bad I still was unsure.